Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Connection Failure
Posted by: Richard
Date: January 25, 2003 08:44PM

Just tried out your browser. Cool. But one "feature" is driving me nuts!

When I click on a link and my modem hangs up after an ISP time out but before the page can load. Or a webpage access times out. (Today was really bad with the net servers slowing down from the Sapphire worm). The "Connection Failure page" loads and shows the link that I wanted to surf to. So far so good. Very clean looking error message!

Now when I reconnect to my ISP and "Refresh" the "Connection Failure page" (Ctrl R or F5 or click Refresh Icon ) I get put back to the page that I clicked the new link from. If I instead go "Back" from the "Connection Refresh page" (Backspace or click Back Arrow Icon) I end up on the page before the page I clicked from.

Say if I had surfed from "webpage A" to "webpage B" and clicked on a link to "webpage C" and then my modem hangs up. The "Connection Failure page " is displayed showing the URL of "webpage C". I reconnect to my ISP. Now if I "Refresh" the "Connection Failure page" I end up on "webpage B" and not "webpage C". Or if I instead go "Back" from the "Connection Failure page" I end up on "webpage A" and not on "webpage B".

The desired "Refresh" behavior is to go on to "webpage C" from a "Connection Failure page". And the desired "Back" behavior is to go back to "webpage B' from a "Connection Failure page".

Thanks for the great browser without all the extra junk!
And blocking %#$@ pop-up ads has made internet surfing fun again!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Connection Failure
Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: January 25, 2003 10:37PM

Click the little refresh icon right above the text entry box on the error page that has the url in it, that's the only one that is linked right, it seems, because that one will get the url from the entry box and reload (i.e., the one it failed on if you don't type anythin else in that entry box). Wierd, huh? Someone mentioned this somewhere else too 'cause the enter key is not linked to that entry box either, but I'm too lazy too find it. winking smiley I don't know if a bug has been filed or not.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 26, 2003 04:29AM

Richard,

We are aware of this bug. That will be fixed in the next major release.

Posted by: Richard
Date: January 27, 2003 09:13PM

Thanks! Love your browser more and more!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.