Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Error and close in XP
Posted by: Scott B.
Date: February 01, 2003 09:54PM

Why does my K-meleon exe.,version 0.6.5.0 always cause an error and have to close. The event viewer says faulting module webbrwsr.dll, version1.2.0.0, fault address 0x00002523 or faulting module comctl32.dll, version 5.82.2800.1106, fault address 0x00023fa7. I tried reinstalling but it still does it. I love K-meleon and would hate to give it up. It runs along good for a while but then errors almost everytime before I'm done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error and close in XP
Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: February 01, 2003 10:25PM

Try upgrading to the latest K-M, .7

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/download.php

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: February 01, 2003 11:37PM

It is actually the .7 download but if you check K-meleon.exe properties in windows explorer , you will see that it's version 0.6.5.0

Posted by: jsnj
Date: February 02, 2003 12:10AM

Seems they just forgot to change that number within the file.

Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: February 02, 2003 11:04AM

Scott:

You could try upgrading the webbrwsr.dll from a Mozilla install (1.2 or higher), or upgrading your whole backend, as per my guide (see the thread Mozi-Meleon 1.3a in the "general" section of these forums).

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: February 02, 2003 07:24PM

Accually, I was just wondering if this happened to other people with XP Pro or if it was something on my machine. I have a pretty fresh install of XP and nothing else makes errors like that, of course that don't mean that there couldn't be some conflicts that are unique to my PC. I figured if noone else had this problem it has to be something other than K-meleon.

Posted by: Nick
Date: February 02, 2003 11:07PM

eXtra Problems.

Bloody M$.

I see various problems lately with all sorts of programmes running on XP. KM is not alone.

Nick

Posted by: Nick
Date: February 02, 2003 11:08PM

Duh! eXtra Problems.

Nick

Posted by: Andrew
Date: February 03, 2003 06:24PM

Scott,

I run 0.7 all the time on XP and never see those problems. You might try a completely new download and reinstall into a clean directory, just to make sure that nothing got bugged up in the download.

Posted by: Phenix
Date: February 07, 2003 04:05AM

Hey Scott

I'm not exactly having the same problem, but I'm having a similar problem.
I'm using WinXP Pro right now. Sometimes, when I'm browsing, with 3 or 4 layers, K Meleon would close with no error and nothing. It just closes itself. I have no idea why, but the last time it did it was when I visited http://www.goodoldadventures.com/ and clicked on 'Help'
Just a side note, I was using 2 layers at the time. Reading /.

Posted by: XP home edition
Date: February 07, 2003 07:59PM

I have XP home edition and have same problem as you do.
tony

UPDATE
Date: February 07, 2003 10:03PM

I tried downloading .7 again and doing a clean install, deleting all profiles and stuff, Just as Andrew suggested. So far so good, no errors as of yet. It does seem to load slower than the previous install but that's ok with me as long as I don't get errors and closing all the time. Thanks I didn't see the link to goodoldadventures until after I installed the new download so I can't tell you if it would close the old install but I went there with the new install and it ran flawlessly(is that a word).

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.