Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Browser Identification Blank
Posted by: Lawrence H
Date: February 16, 2003 12:19PM

Version 0.7.1 Build 734 Compiled Wed Feb 12 18:21:25 2003 on Win 98 Lite SE.

In "Edit Preferences Privacy" I set up my browser identification. When I next run KM and look again at the browser identification settings, they are often empty and so I so do not know what I am Identifying as.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Browser Identification Blank
Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: February 16, 2003 03:21PM

If you entered a custom UserAgent and now it is sometimes blank, that sounds like a bug. If you're talking about the drop-down box, as far as I know it's first state is blank. But it is still set to the last one you put it on.

As for not knowing, what is your purpose for chaning it so often that you forget what you had it on? Actually, what is your purpose in changing it at all? You should not need to be changing your UserAgent very often, really you shouldn't need to change it at all if you have no problems with site rendering...

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: Andrew
Date: February 16, 2003 08:32PM

Type:

about:

in your URL bar to see what the UserAgent is being displayed to sites.

Posted by: Lawrence H
Date: February 17, 2003 12:27AM

I change the ID from time to time to allow for websites that do not like the default setting, eg. Nat West Bank in the UK. Generally I prefer to set the ID at the default setting, so as not to distort web stats etc.

When I restart the machine, open K-M and go to "Preferences Privacy Browser Identification" both the drop down text boxes are empty, even if I changed the ID when I last ran K-M.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.