Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Shockwave plugin
Posted by: misterneocee
Date: June 03, 2003 12:47PM

I thought things are running fine until last week i wasn't able to play some games at neopets.com that require the latest shockwave plugin.I downloaded and installed it but k-meleon just kept on asking for it.I've repeated the process several times but nothing happened.What should i do? please help me. thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shockwave plugin
Posted by: sega
Date: June 10, 2003 07:21PM

I just wanted to point out that I'm having the same problem too
heres a site that needs the shockwave plugin incase anyone wants to test it
http://www.fetchfido.co.uk/games/noctiluca/noctiluca.htm

Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: June 11, 2003 01:55AM

I got it to work ok, the site in link is like a visualization studio or something...all seemed to work for me...

This is what I did:

1. Downloaded this package:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/default/english/win95nt/8.5.1.106/Shockwave_Installer_Full.exe

2. Installed it (let it choose its own default location to install to)

3. Unpacked the package to a new directory with winrar, then copied these four files to my K-M plugins directory:

SHOCKWAVEPLUGIN.CLASS
NP32DSW.DLL
PLUGIN.DLL
PLUGINPING.DLL

Ps. Not sure if you need the last two or not, but it doesn't hurt...

4. Restart K-M

Now macromedia director content plays in K-M. smiling smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: sega
Date: June 12, 2003 05:44PM

Yep that worked thanks MonkeeSage

Date: June 13, 2003 12:54PM

sega:

Nice. smiling smiley

Rasta: K-Meleon always bring 'pon de I and I all dees upful & positive I-ray-tion when dem'a plugin work to de fulleness, yah sight? (English: K-Meleon always makes me happy when (/because) its plugin(s) work completely, know what I mean?) winking smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: Franco
Date: June 29, 2003 06:13AM

I don't even see the files: SHOCKWAVEPLUGIN.CLASS
NP32DSW.DLL in my Shockwave folder.. Anyone know why that would be?

Posted by: ndebord
Date: June 30, 2003 03:20AM

Franco,

Agreed. Don't see SHOCKWAVEPLUGIN.CLASS
NP32DSW.DLL either. I notice that the examples seem to be NT and I run WIN98. So
does anyone know what files to copy and where to locate them?

Tks

N

Date: June 30, 2003 04:13AM

1. Downloaded this package:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/default/english/win95nt/8.5.1.106/Shockwave_Installer_Full.exe

2. Installed it (let it choose its own default location to install to)

3. Unpacked the package to a new directory with winrar, then copied these four files (from the newly unpacked directory not the install location) to my K-M plugins directory:

SHOCKWAVEPLUGIN.CLASS
NP32DSW.DLL
PLUGIN.DLL
PLUGINPING.DLL

Ps. Not sure if you need the last two or not, but it doesn't hurt...

4. Restart K-M

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: Serge
Date: July 14, 2003 03:51AM

How do you "unpack" it?

Date: July 14, 2003 05:18AM

Serge:

The only way I know off offhand is with the program WinRar or PowerArchiver.

WinRar:
http://rarlabs.com

PowerArchiver:
http://www.powerarchiver.com/download/

Both of them are commercial programs, but you can download and install free trial of either one in order to extract the shockwave files. smiling smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: Serge
Date: July 14, 2003 07:19PM

I have it just how do you get those certaint files.

Date: July 15, 2003 03:14AM

Serge:

Just open the file from the winrar file explorer and it will show you all the contents, you can then extract them like any other package. smiling smiley

Alternately, if you enabled winrar in the context menu, you can right click the installer and choose to extract it that way.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: zoom
Date: August 10, 2003 06:17PM

I have copied all 4 files into the Kplugins folder and nothing happened, I'll try copying them into the plugins folder too. And I'm using K-Meleon Version 0.7.1 : Build 2 : Moz 07-22-2003 of course.

Posted by: zoom
Date: August 10, 2003 07:20PM

Even though My plugins folder is kplugins, I copied the Shockwave plugin files (all 4) into the plugins folder in K-Meleon and It works now. Weird, It operates from there like It would If It were Netscape, Yet the installer won't install to anything besides Netscape or Mozilla (1.5a in My case, just to see what It was like). It has a feature that I think is cool and that is You can do the editting of of Your bookmarks at any point in the folder chain and that is a superior feature to Me.

Posted by: alain.NOSPAM.aupeix@wanadoo.fr
Date: August 11, 2003 10:36AM

Folder Kplugins is for kmeleon plugins (history, Hotlist, Macros, ...)
Folder Plugins is for mozilla-netscape plugins (shockwave, acroread, ...)

Posted by: schtum
Date: October 24, 2003 03:51AM

Thanks guys, i had to reinstall k-meleon about a month ago and just now realized i had no shockwave.

For future reference, I only put NP32DSW.DLL into my Plugins folder and it worked fine. The other three files aren't necessary. Is it possible (i.e. legal) for k-meleon to host the file directly? Using WinRAR to unpack a single file from an installer package might be outside some people's comfort zone.

Also, from reading this thread, it's apparant that people need to be clearer on the difference between the "Plugins" and "Kplugins" folders. Future versions should probably use a completely different name for Kplugins. How about "Modules". I think that's a more accurate description of what they are, anyway.

Posted by: kevin
Date: April 05, 2004 06:00PM

I need to get shockwaveplugin so I could play nick games

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 06, 2004 07:06PM

Hi kevin,
get the plugin & install it? IMHO comes from: http://www.macromedia.com/
Perhaps make a dummy file called Netscape.exe in k-m folder (e.g. a renamed k-m.exe) before You start the install - some installers do not recognize k-m for a browser. That is all I can think of at the moment - greetings from Hannover

p. s. if You have a specific quesrion try to explain.

Posted by: proud to live in a "democracy&qu
Date: August 08, 2004 07:03AM

Hello, I run a pirated copy of Windows 98 Second Edition.
I have installed Mozilla, Firebird and K-Meleon; and after installing the Macromedia Shockwave package v10.0.1.004 downloaded from Macromedia's site, Shockwave didn't work on any of my browsers (i have already erradicated IE from my hard drive).
So i was looking at the files on my C:\Windoze\System\Macromed\Shockwave 10\ directory, and found the two files Plugin.dll and PluginPing.dll, but there were no SHOCKWAVEPLUGIN.CLASS neither NP32DSW.DLL files.
I selected one of the Plugin*.dll, right-clicked on it, and choose Properties, and see that in the Version tab, there is a record named OriginalFileName, or something like that, saying "NP32DSW.DLL".
So I copied the Plugin.dll file to my /plugins/ folder, and renamed it as NP32DSW.DLL. But Shockwave didn't work.
I don't know what is the difference between Plugin.dll and PluginPing.dll, but I did the same with that last one, and voila!
Now my three moz-based browsers are running Shockwave!
I'm yet running to patent this brand new "Method for installing Macromedia's Shockwave Player Plugin into Mozilla-based web browsers", and you'll be NOT allowed to even try it.

Posted by: BLA BLA BLA
Date: April 02, 2006 12:37PM

HOW DO YOU INSTALL SHOCKWAVE PLUGIN

Posted by: Drahken
Date: April 04, 2006 06:38PM

The only plugin files you should ever need to deal with for KM are the ones that begin with NP.

If you have any non-IE browser installed (mozilla, netscape, firefox, opera) look in that browser's plugins folder for the missing NP~etc file and copy it to KM's PLUGINs directory (btw, to the guy with 4 plugin folders.... you've got problems dude. There should only be plugins and kplugins).

If you don't have any other non-ie browsers, try making a copy of KM.exe in KM's folder and rename it to netscape.exe (opera uses this trick).

Posted by: Drahken
Date: April 04, 2006 07:32PM

You can try downloading this: http://cypherswipe.googlepages.com/flash-shockwave-plugins.zip Unzip it into KMs PLUGINs folder (NOT Kplugins).

Posted by: alex
Date: January 28, 2011 05:50PM

i dont understand what to do after question 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.