Page transition loads everything and really irritates me
Posted by: Buggler
Date: December 30, 2004 02:54AM

I'm using Kmeleon 0.8.2 on Windows 98SE.

When I use kmeleon without loading any images ("do not load images" option), some bugs happens:

- When I clic a link to go to a next page/site, k-meleon "stops everything" and start loading ALL the images of the site before and then, when it loads everything, it loads the next site/page (without images, as I "solicited").

- I only noticed on Orkut homepage that if you want to get into orkut without images, you can't! You have to load images to enter orkut. That didn't happen with kmeleon 0.7 (without service pack). I think that happens 'cause the button of "login" disappear in 0.8.2 but it doesn't on 0.7.
OBS: Yes, I'm using javascript and cookies and tested that on both versions

Off-topic: How can I remove some buttons on kmeleon? Like the "Go" button.

Re: Page transition loads everything and really irritates me
Posted by: guenter
Date: December 30, 2004 06:12AM

sorry -
I do not know anything about Your bug! // maybe it is a brocken install - sure sounds like it ( 0.8.2 installed wrong comparatively often - especilaly if You used an old k-m directory that was not totally empty?) - do not ask me why -
devs are working on 0.9 now and will not look at Your bug.

so i will answer off topick - go skins:there go to the skin You use:
there edit: toolbars.cfg file.

deleting/edit it out! this example will remove "up" item
(sorry i did not have go button)

Up {
macros(up_directory)
Up directory
hottool.bmp[27]
hottool.bmp[27]
hottool.bmp[27]
}

the buttons are all structured like this - there is further indo in the file (head) I mentionend. & kind regards

Re: Page transition loads everything and really irritates me
Posted by: Buggler
Date: December 30, 2004 03:40PM

No problem. I'll try this on 0.9 too. =)

I don't think it's a broken install because I use kmeleon on many different computers with different OSs (98SE and ME) and different internet connection. Oh, just to mention, I only have installed "bitmapped menus", "rebar menu" and "toolbar control" plugins (don't know if those could interfere).

One thing, it can only happen (or only happened) on dial-up connection (like 33.6kbps) cause k-meleon "freezes" the page you were, while loading the next page and when it freezes it starts to download "as much images as he can" before load the next page.

On Orkut I really don't know why I can't get into without images with 0.8.2 but, with 0.7, I can.

Thanks for posting. I'll try to remove some buttons. =)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.