Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
CTRL+C doesn't work...
Posted by: ahahah
Date: March 26, 2005 09:17AM

hello

when i write text in certain places (for example google or here when i write this message) , when i select my text the CTRL+C has no action.
impossible to copy it...and the arrows dont move the position of the cursor

it is very very annoying could you fix that bug please :,(

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CTRL+C doesn't work...
Posted by: ra
Date: March 26, 2005 12:17PM

Please provide version & system information and *clear repro steps*.

I can copy input from text boxes without a problem here (K-M 0.9 final, Win XP SP2+), but I think I saw your problem a few months ago.

Does a restart help? Do you use the loader?

Date: March 26, 2005 03:20PM

i have windows mellenium and i use km 0.9 too.

in fact this problem is not systematic and when it comes, when i right clic in the text box and do "select all" it is all text and images OUTSIDE the text box which is selected,
BUT when i havn't the bug (now i havent it) the right clic and "select all" in the text box selects all the text INSIDE the text box.

i dont really know how to do to 'call' the bug

Date: March 26, 2005 03:30PM

ok i have found the problem

in fact when you are in a text box which is in a different layer than the first one, you cannot move the cursor with the arrow keys, not copy or paste, and the "select all" will select all objetcts outsite the text box.
test it

and when you close the layers so that your actual layer become the first, immediately the bug disappear and you can move your cursor with arrow keys, copy, paste, and the right clic => select all, select the text inside the text box.

test it and tell me if you have the same thing

thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: jsnj
Date: March 26, 2005 06:05PM

Please give step 1, step 2, step 3, etc... repro steps. I've only been able to get this bug with the Fullscreen plugin, but if you give clear 1,2,3 repro steps I'll see if I can reproduce it. So far I can't. Multiple layers are presently open and I'm able to select all, cut, copy & paste within text boxes in different layers without a problem. Win2k SP4

Date: March 26, 2005 08:16PM

ok

step 0 close k-meleon

step 1, execute kmeleon and load (for example) google and write one word in the search box

step 2 file-> news layer. in this news layer load google and write one word in the search box

in the google 1st layer you can move the cursor with your arrow keys
but in the google 2nd layer you cant move the cursor with your arrow keys

Date: March 26, 2005 11:59PM

WFM. No problems. Arrow keys and cut,copy,paste work. Anyone else getting this?

Date: March 27, 2005 09:41AM

very strange it works with you and not with me :/

Posted by: ra
Date: March 27, 2005 10:33AM

Does it happen with windows, too, or do I really have to enable layers again in order to test it? :-)

Posted by: everling
Date: March 27, 2005 01:51PM

I too get problems with the Ctrl+C not working at rare times. But I haven't tried to isolate the cause.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 27, 2005 03:30PM

I too have experienced random freezes with Ctrl+C not working with KM 0.9.

N
Win98se

Date: March 27, 2005 05:50PM

I'm just guessing here. But even though you aren't in fullscreen mode, try disabling that plugin and see if that makes a difference. I have that plugin disabled.

Date: March 28, 2005 11:28AM

jsnj> i've just tryed with fullscreen plugin disabled, shutdown km and restart it and the steps described above reproduce the bug again. sad smiley

ra> i dont use windows i just use layers, so try with layers.

everling> and ndebord> when you execute the steps a idescribed above, do you have the same behavior?

thanks

Date: March 28, 2005 11:31AM

it is maybe a "non xp bug" because ndebord has w98se and has that bug too.
(i use win ME)

Date: March 28, 2005 01:09PM

hello again

i have found a trick to "fix" that bug.

when you cant move the cursor by arraw keys in the text box, or the right-clic-> select all selects all objects outside the text box, or can't copy/paste (all that lacks arrived simultaneously time and disappear simultanously) so:

-> clic on an other layer
-> come back to your layer
-> clic in the text box you wrote in

and... voila winking smiley

you have the complete control of your text box.

(i think there is a problem with the focus. even if the cursor is in the text box, the focus seems not to be here: and it is why the "select all" selects all objects outside the textbox. it is a supposition)

Posted by: ndebord
Date: April 14, 2005 11:37PM

ahahah,

"(i think there is a problem with the focus. even if the cursor is in the text box, the focus seems not to be here: and it is why the "select all" selects all objects outside the textbox. it is a supposition)"

I agree completely with you now. I experienced the exact same problem with focus on an XP system with KM 0.9.

N

Date: April 23, 2005 01:34PM

thanks for you feedback

i am agree to not be the only person who have that pb

Date: April 23, 2005 01:42PM

in fact the title of this thread should not be "CRTL+C doesn't work.."

ctrl+v would be more appropriate but it is only one symptom of the REAL problem

Posted by: everling
Date: April 25, 2005 04:37AM

ahahah, regarding your post http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=3&i=7123&t=7123#reply_7130, I too couldn't reproduce it.

Earlier today, I encountered the problem again. I still haven't noticed anything that may locate the source of that bug. I think it may be possible to make it disappear within the same page without switching layers. Your theory on that it may be a focus problem seems to be valid.

I was using Fred's K-Meleon0.9-GRE1.7.7-modified then. Win2k. No fullscreen, and had only 2 layers at that time, both URLs were at this forum.

Date: April 28, 2005 10:46AM

if you want to reproduce it: when you open a new layer, don't clic on another layer before you make your tests.

i noticed that when you clic on any other layer and come back to your new opened layer, the buf disapears in this last layer.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.