Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Yahoo images attachments
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: October 18, 2006 11:25PM

Can you see them?

If I receive an email with an image or various images as attachment I can't see them, only the placeholder, the broken symbol that tells you the image can not be found.

Yes, I thougth the hosts file, but not, because Seamonkey show this attachments and Internet explorer too with the same hosts file. Not only that, if you take the image url and paste it in a new window, K-meleon already finds it.

I tried all, but they aren't displayed. But not only in K-Meleon 1.02, it happens in K-Meleon 0.9 when never happened with it before.

It's me or it is a general problem? I searched on the forum but no one seems to have the same problem sad smiley

P.S.: it's the spanish Yahoo, maybe in other works.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yahoo images attachments
Posted by: guenter
Date: October 19, 2006 07:38AM

mmorrison has this problem also - i received a mail with 2 pics by him where he tried to show me - but with me it looked like it worked normal.

Can You send a mail to sterndaler (me) with/to Yahoo.com that tries to cause the problem for me. Grazias & Saludos

p. s. Did You already see that there is a Spanish 1.02 translation?

Date: October 19, 2006 04:24PM

I know the translation existence but I prefer to use the english version because I don't use their menus very often. Indeed they are hidden (rebar) except the context ones because I use my own set of menus "imported" (with macros) from previous version.

Mail sent.

Date: October 19, 2006 08:29PM

mail recieved - You succeded to cause the problem. Problem with Yahoo -
java script console2 that it is full of errors. I do not yet know what faults belongs to Your mail or my answer. I will try to find out myself - else we all wait for our devs to inspect problem. I have rarely seen such a full script console2!

Date: October 19, 2006 09:34PM

I think it could be the javascript parser/interpreter or maybe the css interpreter I don't know but it doesn't search correctly for objects properties, names, etc.

Image with the errors:
http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=javascriptwithcsserrorssb8.png

The console in seamonky doesn't bring these errors. Bring 0.

I'm very surprised.

Date: October 19, 2006 10:06PM

Console2 is very good at sniffing faults. That is why alain brought it.

Maybe install with Your SeaMonkey?

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1815/

But You can also see the many faults with our normal JavaScript console.

Date: October 21, 2006 03:35PM

hi JohnHell,
I checked with more or less all k-meleons i have installed - it is a "feature/bug" of the recent k-m versions.

Date: October 23, 2006 08:45PM

I see, so, we only can wait a fix in 1.03 so. :/

But what do you mean with feature/bug, is it also a feature? :-?

Posted by: Dorian
Date: October 24, 2006 08:54AM

This is broken in seamonkey too when the flash plugin is active...

Date: October 24, 2006 06:44PM

No here. I have flash plugin with seamonkey and it works :-?

Posted by: mmorrison
Date: October 29, 2006 11:35PM

No fix yet?

Posted by: Dorian
Date: October 31, 2006 11:44AM

Fix can only come from mozilla. Check bugzilla, I haven't the time to look at it for now.

Date: October 31, 2006 05:11PM

Other versions like K-MeleonCCF 0.05.6.5 work fine even though they are based off "K-Meleon 1.02 core."

Does he update/change something other than being a tabbed version?

Date: November 20, 2006 04:10AM

Still broken for me in K-Meleon 1.1 alpha2.

Date: December 08, 2008 03:10AM

Is this ever going to be fixed?

Now using 1.5.1.

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 08, 2008 08:49AM

Are you tried K-Meleon 1.5.2RC2?

Or can you send me an email with images to test it?

(You can found my mail in my website link, first link in signature)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 08, 2008 10:39AM

i've created a yahoo account to test.. no problems with image-attachments display

classic yahoo(default useragent)

new yahoo(firefox agent)

image display

anyone can use that accoutn to test:
kmeleontesters@yahoo.co.uk
password: fuckyahoo

Date: December 09, 2008 03:32AM

I couldn't post pictures in the forum, so I've attached two screenshots of the problem using 1.5.1 and 1.5.2RC2 to desga2.

One is using my personal Yahoo! Mail (Classic) and the other provided by disrupted.

Date: December 09, 2008 06:30PM

I've same problem like mmorrison:

mmorrison's YahooClassic
desga2's YahooClassic

mmorrison's YahooNew
desga2's YahooNew
desga2 display in YahooNew

It's very curious, I'm using K-Meleon 1.5.0, but i've identical problem with Firefox 2.0.0.18.

I think that this could be mail configuration problem, but in YahooNew all users are using your YahooTest count. (All users in same count, identical configuration).

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2008 06:31PM by desga2.

Date: December 09, 2008 07:04PM

that's very weird, i didn't have any problems with thumbs at yahoo.. could it be related to some connection settings? something yahoo doesn't like..like pipelinning or something? i only have default connection settings with default settings for https referers etc and no pipelinning and link prefetching enabled

edit: i'll change some connection settings and check if thumbs get broken

edit2: changed many settings in connection and disabled javascript.. the thumbs still worked, there must be a common factor to cause the thumbs to get broken.. maybe a plugin like noscript? or something in usercontent.css.. i guess this is one for the times, unless someone pinpoints exactly what thing causing this; morrison, try to create a new default profile without loading any plugins, run kmeleon from new profile and see if yahoo mail works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2008 07:07PM by disrupted.

Date: December 09, 2008 07:50PM

NO it isn't, I'm using usual DSL conection and K-Meleon 1.5.0 with default settings, none extension.
Almost I said that I've this identical problem in Firefox 2.0.0.18 (without any extensions).

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2008 07:50PM by desga2.

Date: December 09, 2008 08:15PM

yes..i forgot about firefox. this is bewildering.. yahoo mail is ajax i think, does it have any java jre components or relying on flash? then it could be related to java version or flash because they are both common factors between kmeleon and firehog?

Date: December 09, 2008 08:24PM

I don't think this, i'm using last Flash plugin version Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
and Java Plug-in 1.6.0_07.
But this isn't a flash or plugin problem because i can see images in YahooNew when i clicked in it. (Flash display)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2008 08:25PM by desga2.

Date: December 11, 2008 04:46AM

I have no problems with any other browser I try (Firefox, IE, Opera). K-Meleon is the only one that exhibits this and it's regardless of the User Agent selected. This has been a problem for me from at least 0.8 I think.

Date: December 11, 2008 12:10PM

this doesn't make any sense..it's almost driving me crazy. i've spent nearly 3 hours trying to figure out why the images get broken or to make them get broken.. i tried with all my kmeleons, even 0.8 you've mentioned

i tried with windows 98 in case it was a yahoo/os issue.. i even tried with kmeleon on xwine.. the thumbs still worked.

what's even more strange is my java and flash versions are exactly the same builds as desga's

could yahoo be so lame as to block certain features according to ip? sounds so ridiculously stupid but you never know with yahoo.. but that again doesn't make any sense, since your other browsers work!

try this anyway.. and see if it works:
go to samair.ru and find a good anonymus proxy.. preferably a codeen one; or use this.. it's a working one based in switzerland i think and it's highly anonymous:
192.42.43.23 (port)3128

go to kmeleon preferences>proxy>proxy settings and enter the codeen server under the new configuration for http only.. restart kmeleon and go to yahoomail..check if kmeleon works behind codeen

EDIT: what about alain's active x? could its' existence or lack of cause that problem? if you do have it.. then deactivate it and check, then activate and check again. if you don't have it, download from jujuland and test with it..http://pagesperso-orange.fr/jujuland46/JujuLand/KMES/KMES-Download.html#down_extensions i'm runnig out of logical ideas sad smiley

EDIT2: the thumbs in yahoo start with this address:
http://thumbp1.mail.vip.ird.yahoo.com/
it might be that the word thumbp1 is blocked somewhere.. maybe adblockplus, mayyve adblocking css or userstylesheets.. did you try to test with a newly created profile without any added custom settings.. i know it's been there since 0.8 and desga has same problem with a default firehoax.. but i'm running out of explanations and should try every possible factor

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2008 01:24PM by disrupted.

Date: December 11, 2008 08:24PM

disrupted
EDIT: what about alain's active x? could its' existence or lack of cause that problem? if you do have it.. then deactivate it and check, then activate and check again. if you don't have it, download from jujuland and test with it..[pagesperso-orange.fr] i'm runnig out of logical ideas.

EDIT2: the thumbs in yahoo start with this address:
http://thumbp1.mail.vip.ird.yahoo.com/
it might be that the word thumbp1 is blocked somewhere.. maybe adblockplus, mayyve adblocking css or userstylesheets.. did you try to test with a newly created profile without any added custom settings.. i know it's been there since 0.8 and desga has same problem with a default firehoax.. but i'm running out of explanations and should try every possible factor.

I don't have ActiveX installed, but why i need ActiveX to can see images in a mail?

I tried it again in a new K-Meleon 1.5.2RC2 installation with all settings defaults and with any macro, plugin, extension, none adblocking css or userstylesheets and still the problem. (In both Classic and New Yahoo Mail)

I can undestand that Firefox have problems, because i have problems with it to show some Flash contents (I don't know why) but this sites work fine in K-Meleon and both are using same Flash version (since some 9 version)

I checked my Yahoo! Mail options and in Mail -> Spam Protection -> Image Blocking
I have checked "Don't block any images".

- EDITED:
I tried with an anonymous proxy and the problem still. (192.42.43.23 (port)3128 not work for me and CoDeeN proxys can't logged in Yahoo Mail)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2008 08:55PM by desga2.

Date: December 11, 2008 09:45PM

see the differences between 1.5.2(on the left) and 1.1.4

as G-d is my witness, i'll get to the bottom of this! .. cause now i know this is fuckinyahoo's fault

Date: December 11, 2008 10:20PM

here's how this works:
as soon as the ajax application loads,(right-after you login) a cookie tries to set from an advertising site apparently called adinterax.. it fails or succeeds, doesn't matter, because after you enter you inbox.. adinterax checks again for that cookie.. obviously to display ads relevant to your mail.. for example you get an email from a friend about bermuda.. they start putting ads of tourist hotspots.

here's how the sequence works(when you have image attachments)
- adinterax checks for cookie> successful>read email content>display ads> continue loading your images

- adinterax checks for cookie> failure>try to set cookie again>successful>continue as above

- adinterax checks for cookie> failure>try to set cookie again>failure>STOP THERE!

now whether yahoo has deliberately made it work that way as a punishment because you've blocked 3rd party cookies and hurt them badly with revenues or because of a half-wit retarded developer who wrote the stupid code.. guess we'll never know for sure, but i'd like to think it's the first reason.

now to fix this you will have to accept all cookies not just from originating sites only.. that won't work.. maybe you'll need to clear cache first and restart kmeleon(don't know.. you probably know better than me about that)

i think this is the default setting in both km and firehoax(accept from originating sites only), which is probably why you couldn't make it work in firehoax as well.

check this out: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=377830&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=0
the guys at the enemy camp had same problem couple of years ago.. only they couldn't figure it out, let's not tell them tongue sticking out smiley

Date: December 11, 2008 11:25PM

Thanks disrupted! You are right, now work fine and images can be showed.

This is the solution for the problem to show images in Yahoo Mails:
Preferences (F2) -> Privacy & Security -> General -> Accept Cookies = Always

disrupted, you are good guy. smiling smiley

But I prefer to continue to accept cookies from the originating website only for security reasons.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: December 12, 2008 04:52AM

OMG, never thought of trying that, but I did and it works! Sneaky Yahoo!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.