Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Can somebody check this?
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: December 21, 2006 11:39PM

Good nights.

I'm having an interesting issue about a web page loading freeze (using K-Meleon 1.02). I've readed this on the 1.1 bugs wiki and I wonder if there's a relation:

Core/Gecko: K-M's sometimes stalling. It's just doing nothing for several seconds (20-30), no progress while loading pages in any window visible (and no data transfer either!), and then it progresses fine. It might happen only if one of the windows is a page with many many small thumbnails, that K-M is loading quite slowly, but it most likely seems to happen when a page is not responding. (One not responding site is hanging the whole browser.)

After the load starts on the Media Player Classic web page, and while the page is being displayed (you can keep scrolling up and down to see the effect better) it will freeze and K-Meleon will stay freezed (not only this page, other layers too) for five seconds or so, then will keep going normally.

This page has not many thumbs or photos, but it has many links to download files.

Here's the problematic page:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358

I would like if somebody could have a look to see if it's a problem on my PC, the page, or our browser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2006 12:47AM by enaitzjga.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can somebody check this?
Posted by: guenter
Date: December 22, 2006 02:22AM

Possibly site specific?

There is a very time consuming script and AFAIK much traffik.

I made a screenshot, then I copied the page sourcecode and tried to paste it into my TBird to send You. It started the script, timed out and it knocked my mail when i tried to abort the script. TBird was also looked like loading long at the java script that is in the page. The same screenshot as with kmeleon was the made with TBird when it did not react any more. Then i aborted the script & TBird was crashed. I sent You the last screenshot before TBird died and the first screenshot - i assume it is the script.

Firefox did load long but did not time out.
But k-meleon also loaded the page after the warning. AFAIK this is a thing that is inside the GRE. I will test with an mfcembed exe tomorrow.

good night

p. s. If it is a Mozilla bug that this page loods to set timeout - and i think so - k-meleon crew should not spend work here.

Re: Can somebody check this?
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: December 22, 2006 10:12AM

All right, thanks for your help. Luckily K-Meleon doesn't really crash, just freezes a bit.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.