Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Crash saving a favorite.
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: January 15, 2007 11:57PM

Good nights.

Using K-Meleon 1.02 (translated to spanish but almost equal as the official 1.02), with the IE favorites plug-in loaded, and the Opera and Netscape equivalents not loaded. Under WXP SP2.

If you visit this page:

http://www.gtanetwork.it/gta3/index.php?p=mappe

and try to save it as a favorite K-Meleon will crash and the crash report DLL will pop up. If you take a look at the favorites folder after the crash you'll see that an empty name favorite (this is rare because WXP doesn't allow to have an empty, unnamed, name file)has been saved linking to the page you tried to link before the crash.

Also, this new favorite is not recognized by K-Meleon, you can not see it at the favorites dropping list, but it's still usable if you double-click over it on the Windows Explorer (I mean the Windows explorer for files of the hard disk). Internet Explorer can use the empty favorite created by K-Meleon (and will save the page properly too).

Now this is called "Bug 894".

PS. Can somebody reproduce it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2007 11:58PM by enaitzjga.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Crash saving a favorite.
Posted by: rmn
Date: January 20, 2007 09:40AM

Wow, are pages without titles so rare that nobody noticed this before? (Or is it just because nobody uses the Favorites plugin?) Now that I think of it, I can't remember ever having a bookmark with empty title either.

Heh, good one, Enaitz.

P.S.: For people too lazy to search: Bug 894

Re: Crash saving a favorite.
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: January 26, 2007 06:34PM

Bug 894 Fixed by Dorian.

Thanks Dorian!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.