Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Javascript automatically disabled, cant re-enable
Posted by: Sunil
Date: January 25, 2007 03:36PM

Hi,
I was browsing two sites utilizing javascript heavily
- Yahoomail
- Orkut

at the same time. The problem happened while the browser was still running. I was able to post one scrap in orkut, but then unable to post any more.

Right now, I am:
- unable to access orkut
- able to access yahoomail only by using a very primitive interface

--> The error message I recieve in yahoomail is that javascript is inactive. On Youtube, it says that either javascript is inactive or the latest version of flash is not installed (I have it installed and it was working fine earlier)

I went into edit>advanced preferences to enable Javascript, but the checkbox is grayed out!

Is this a bug, or is there a simple solution and I am being stupid?

Thanks and regards,
Sunil.

Options: ReplyQuote
Bug report
Date: January 25, 2007 03:42PM

Guess I should have read the forum first!

I WAS able to re-enable javascript using the edit>preferences>general menu, but NOT by using the edit>advancedpref>javascript menu.

I dont know if these things would count as bugs, if possible, I would be grateful if the team could issue a clarification:

-- Javascript is SOMETIMES automatically disabled while browsing certain sites (tested on orkut and yahoomail)
-- Enable javascript checkbox grayedout in edit>advancedpref>javascript, even though it is possible to enable javascript using edit>preferences>general

However, I would like to say this: LOVE THE BROWSER!!!! Thank you for all the hard work, Thank you. Great job. All the advantages of firefox, with extra responsiveness. Amazing.

Just one request: Could Bookmarks be enabled by default?

Re: Javascript automatically disabled, cant re-enable
Posted by: kko
Date: January 25, 2007 05:28PM

Sunil
Javascript is SOMETIMES automatically disabled while browsing certain sites (tested on orkut and yahoomail)

I cannot imagine that. Perhaps you've accidentially hit F7? Because that toggles JavaScript on and off (since km 1.0). You can also toggle JS from the menu (Tools > Privacy).

Sunil
Enable javascript checkbox grayedout in edit>advancedpref>javascript, even though it is possible to enable javascript using edit>preferences>general

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is for technical reasons. Currently, Advanced Preferences cannot alter settings that can be altered in Preferences. So, if you find an option grayed out in the first, try it in the latter.

Sunil
Could Bookmarks be enabled by default?

It was planned to update the installer for km 1.1 accordingly.

Sunil
LOVE THE BROWSER!!!! Thank you for all the hard work, Thank you. Great job. All the advantages of firefox, with extra responsiveness. Amazing.

We like to hear that, thank you. In case you have questions/problems, just come to the forum here and somebody will try to answer/help.

Date: January 27, 2007 05:08AM

Thank you smiling smiley

Date: January 27, 2007 05:09AM

Probably hit f7 and didnt realize it smiling smiley

Posted by: Phani
Date: January 10, 2008 01:00PM

awesome browser you have got here

Posted by: Umer
Date: January 15, 2008 07:52PM

how can i disable all javascripts on my orkut account bcoz my orkut account iz freezed..?

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 15, 2008 08:57PM

Use F7 before going there. Reactivate with F7 when leaving Orkhut.
OR Use K-Meleon NoScript extension from K-Meleon Extensions page and deactivate NoScript for Orkhut URL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2008 08:59PM by guenter.

Posted by: donzzz77
Date: January 23, 2008 10:06PM

I have no graphics.f7 does nothing.

donz

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 24, 2008 01:43AM

nothing?
sorry but F7 toggles JavaScript, F8 popups, F9 pictures. use privacy bar & bubbel help 2 check.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2008 01:45AM by guenter.

Posted by: Cindy
Date: July 23, 2008 04:59PM

I keep getting certain messages to enable java script. All scriplets are enabled. One example of the problem that I am having is when I dont want to read all that spam mail I get and want to delete all the mail at once nothing happens. The check marks dont appear so I have to delete one by one. I fix this problem before but I dont know what I did. Please help if you can. Thanks Cindy

Posted by: Anu Saini
Date: July 28, 2008 07:24AM

sir,

my orkut account has been disabled. But i want to enable it how it enable. I am not a gmail user i was using yahoo id for orkut account. Pls. tell me how to enable again.

Posted by: harish
Date: September 05, 2008 12:50PM

hi,
my name is harish my problem is that i cant access my orkut account its gmail account is harish.nandipati225@gmail.com & my orkut email address is"hari_parrot@data.com" . My google account varification code is 9ac99452-f7c8b3e5-d8e3053c53 plz send me the details of my account with in a hour.
thanking u sir,
yoursscencerly,
nandiaptiharish.

Posted by: desga2
Date: September 07, 2008 07:37PM

@ harish:
We can help you in this forum. This forum is for K-Meleon Browser and you must contact with orkut/Google help support.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.