Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
When I "close other layers," K-meleon jumps to the right
Posted by: Anthony
Date: May 12, 2007 06:52AM

Running K-Meleon 1.02 on Win XP. When I click "close other layers," the other tabs close, but the K-meleon window shifts to the right (about as far as if I opened a new K-Meleon window). Please feel free to ask for additional info. I've replicated on my machine.

Best,

Anthony

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When I "close other layers," K-meleon jumps to the right
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: May 12, 2007 09:17AM

I'm running K-Meleon 1.1 RC2 over WXP and I can't reproduce the error you are noticing.

Posted by: rmn
Date: May 12, 2007 02:27PM

Yup, I think it's bug 880.

Date: May 17, 2007 04:48AM

Hrm. Maybe it's a question of TSRs. I'm running Kerio Personal Firewall v 2.1.5, Spyware Terminator, BitDefender v 10, WinPatrol, OpenOffice 2.2 Quickstarter, Carbonite Backup, and Palm's Hotsynch Manager v 6.0.1, among others. Were any of these running on your machine, rmn, when you had the same effect?

Best,

Anth

Posted by: rmn
Date: May 19, 2007 02:04AM

This is always reproducible in earlier versions, but seems to have been fixed in 1.1 RC2. Can you try with that version and see if it still happens?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2007 02:05AM by rmn.

Date: May 22, 2007 02:54PM

Tried 1.1 RC2. No issue. I installed RC2 to its own folder. If I install it to my original K-Meleon folder, will it import my settings?

Best,

Anth

Posted by: kko
Date: May 22, 2007 03:28PM

Anthony
I installed RC2 to its own folder. If I install it to my original K-Meleon folder, will it import my settings?

When your 1.02 installation is using multi-user profiles (profile stored under \Documents and Settings\<username>\...), 1.1 has already 'imported' your settings.

When you've placed your profile in the km program folder, I'd suggest to delete everything there except the file "profile.ini" and the folder "Profile" - provided you've not modified anything in the other folders e.g. added new skins (in this case also keep the "skins" folder or "plugins" and so on). Then install 1.1 to the exact same location than 1.02.

PS: Maybe wait a few hours. 1.1 final will be released soon.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.