Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
K-Meleon loses configuration
Posted by: dabiank
Date: May 15, 2007 11:56AM

Both 1.02 and 1.1 beta releases lose *** ALL *** configurations: groups, preferences, ... This is a very serius bug.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon loses configuration
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: May 15, 2007 01:01PM

Can you be a bit more specific, when and how is this happening?

Date: May 18, 2007 02:18PM

enaitzjga
Can you be a bit more specific, when and how is this happening?

Well, it happens after several startups and closures, let's say after about 100 times. It's very strange: all configuration and apperarance settings, all groups, ... are restored to dafault.

It's a real pity, as I appreciate very much K-M lightness...

Thanx for your attention.

Posted by: me
Date: May 19, 2007 11:25AM

downloaded it, tried to change the skin, no success... uninstalled it. Just like any gecko based browser

Date: May 24, 2007 10:47AM

The problem is STILL here, even with the last release (1.1), even on different PCs.

Posted by: Nicolas CJ
Date: May 24, 2007 06:38PM

I have got the same bad supprise : Group lost etc, on the first start. I would have appreciated a reminder to save my config before installing the new version...

NCJ

Posted by: Andersen
Date: June 20, 2007 04:46AM

I lost all too. Bookmarks, Groups, Positions of toolbar, etc

serius bug!!!

Posted by: pjbealer
Date: June 21, 2007 01:58PM

I have the same problem. Tried last 3 versions, saved configs, but they disappear after restarting K-M. One strange thing is that this started 6/20 when K-M opened within IE7. Not the browser, just the welcome page to K-M 1.02. I have tried all 3 versions but after doing all of my configs, bookmarks, etc and then restarting, I get a stripped down browser without any upper toolbar, no file, edit, view, etc. It is essentially unuseable. Help!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: kko
Date: June 21, 2007 05:06PM

Sounds like a profile problem.

1) Open your profile directory (Edit > Configuration > Profile Directory). Under NT/2k/XP, make sure you've the necessary privileges to write to this directory. This may not be the case when you've set km to store its profiles in the km root folder.

2) The profile directory should contain 2 *.js files only. Namely prefs.js and user.js. Make sure that prefs.js is not read-only.

Posted by: synteq7
Date: July 12, 2007 05:15PM

The same thing just happened to me this morning. I started up my PC and 2 things happened: K-Meleon reverted back to the way in started, losing also all bookmarks and any bookmark capabilities. I just deleted everything and re-downloaded it and it seems fine now. But this is a bizarre bug, things just "dissapear"

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 12, 2007 06:27PM

K-Meleon has a backup extension on the extensions page.

By default 1.1 creates a bookmarks_backup.html that can be renamed and used.
Other files such as password do not get damaged - I do not know why.

p.s. I am not sure whether & what happened to You is from GRE ( I heard complaints about firefox and TBird doing the same sometimes ) or from Windows system.

Here I had the same problem some time ago with K-Meleon and Tbird. Soon afterwords I had to set up a fresh Windows XP/pro.

That is one reason why we have the extension. It has not happened since the extension works and the new system is set up. smiling smiley

Date: August 22, 2007 10:40PM

It doesn't work to me. After some restarts anything simply sisappears. Serious bug.

Posted by: jimmybo
Date: September 10, 2007 02:45AM

i can fix you problem ,,,,,just go to edit, advanced preference,browsing,click on set as default browser and go from there ,,,after that presto,even if the pc crashes its still there with all your data.

Date: October 18, 2007 07:55AM

Well... it doesn't seem a solution as this means that if k-meleon is ***NOT*** the default browser, it doesn't work as it should, as the bug is still there...

Posted by: Alexis
Date: December 19, 2007 06:13PM

I have the same problem. I set my Homepage to "Start with Group". I close the browser and check it see it works. and...nothing changes...

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 22, 2007 12:22PM

Alexis
I have the same problem. I set my Homepage to "Start with Group". I close the browser and check it see it works. and...nothing changes...

Are you saved any layers group to start with it?

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.