Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
KM 1.1 JavaScript not working
Posted by: bellgamin
Date: June 10, 2007 06:55AM

I have switched back to KM 1.02 because on KM 1.1 the JavaScript doesn't work. I can't spend time on debugging it because I have several websites & I need JavaScript in order to manage them. Also need JS in order to access many of the tools at forums I visit.

JS works perfectly on 1.02.

I saw no other posts here about this problem so I guess that I am the only poor soul have this problem. Sigh

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: KM 1.1 JavaScript not working
Posted by: guenter
Date: June 10, 2007 12:12PM

Hi bellgamin,

Thou bringst bad tidings.

Best additionally reactivate 1.02 if 1.1 makes/creates problems with js on Your system.
Give each K-Meleon version a Profile. That cares for the ongoing work.

Next try : check that all is activated - plus have a look into Java Console2 to see whether it has errors that could help with finding the reason of the problem.

Things I would try during bug search.

Place profile.ini into 1.1 folder to make sure that You have a completely new profile. May need Admin rights.

Download new K-Meleon install files.

Install at a totally new place like ./K-Meleon1.1.en-US that has never been used for a K-Meleon install before (in fact I allocate new install names by default winking smiley.

Download separately and place msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll into K-Meleon folder.

This should cover the bases agains all corrupted profile, file, system and registry reasons.

p. s. I assume that You did not install any gadet like NoScript; right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2007 12:13PM by guenter.

Re: KM 1.1 JavaScript not working
Posted by: bellgamin
Date: June 11, 2007 03:19AM

Hi Guenter, thanks for the suggestions. I can't try anything right now. My web host went sour so I had to find & set up with a new web host. Now I have to set up 8 domains, upload them, set up new FTP parameters, set up new email parameters on 15 email accounts, and test the whole thing.

It's a very large PITA, especially when I'm trying to do it on a week-end. The new web host's Sys Techs on week-ends are 2nd stringers at best.

I'll have another try at 1.11 when the dust settles.

Be well & enjoy life.

aloha... bellgamin

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.