Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
link in Thunderbird
Posted by: AOwL
Date: June 18, 2007 01:33PM

I have K-Meleon as the default browser. When I click a link in a mail, K-Meleon opens, but not to the link I clicked in the mail. If K-Meleon is open, the link I click in the mail opens up ok. I have K-Meleon 1.1 and the latest Thunderbird stable. Is it a bug or something I can do?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: link in Thunderbird
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: June 19, 2007 01:06PM

If it opens something, what does it opens ?
Previous link, or something else?

look at Extension properties:

Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types > HTML > Advanced > open > Edit
and verify that 'Use DDE' is unchecked.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: AOwL
Date: July 02, 2007 06:42AM

What it opens? I have K-M to open the last browsing session.

I have now unchecked "use DDE".
Now when I have K-M closed and click on a link in Thunderbird, I can see the webpage a short moment when K-M starts, but then it goes away. K-M always focus on the first tab (layer) when you start it, so I found out that hitting the back button, on the first layer, takes you to the link you clicked in the mail...
It seems that K-M "overwrites" the link with the previous used layer(s).
K-M should add a layer to the last used state when you click a link when it's closed, like it does when it's open.
I hope you understand what I mean.

Posted by: kko
Date: July 02, 2007 01:07PM

AOwL
I have K-M to open the last browsing session.

I have now unchecked "use DDE".
Now when I have K-M closed and click on a link in Thunderbird, I can see the webpage a short moment when K-M starts, but then it goes away. K-M always focus on the first tab (layer) when you start it, so I found out that hitting the back button, on the first layer, takes you to the link you clicked in the mail...
It seems that K-M "overwrites" the link with the previous used layer(s).
K-M should add a layer to the last used state when you click a link when it's closed, like it does when it's open.
I hope you understand what I mean.

I do. It's a bug in the groups macro. Open Edit > Configuration > Macros and open groups.kmm with a text editor. Use the editors search function (Ctrl+F) to search for _Groups_OpenGroup{ and _Groups_OpenGroup_LayersAdd{. You should find the following:

_Groups_OpenGroup{
$kLayers==true?(((pluginmsgex(layers,NumberOfLayersInWindow,"",INT)==1)*(($URL=="about:blank")+($URL=="")))==1?&_Groups_OpenGroup_LayersReplace:&_Groups_OpenGroup_LayersAdd): ($URL=="about:blank"?&_Groups_OpenGroup_WindowsReplace:&_Groups_OpenGroup_WindowsAdd);
$_Groups_OpenGroup_data=$kLayers==true?"":$_data;
$_Groups_OpenGroup_init=true;
$kLayers==true?pluginmsg(layers,$_Groups_OpenCmd,$_data):&_Groups_OpenGroup_Windows;
}

and

_Groups_OpenGroup_LayersAdd{
$_Groups_OpenCmd==""?&_Groups_OpenGroup_LayersReplace:$_Groups_OpenCmd="AddLayersToWindow";
setpref(STRING,$_Groups_OpenHow,"layers(".$_Groups_OpenCmd.")");
}

Replace this by:

_Groups_OpenGroup{
$kLayers==true?(((pluginmsgex(layers,NumberOfLayersInWindow,"",INT)==1)*(($URL=="about:blank")+($URL=="")))==1?&_Groups_OpenGroup_LayersReplace:&_Groups_OpenGroup_LayersAdd): ($URL=="about:blank"?&_Groups_OpenGroup_WindowsReplace:&_Groups_OpenGroup_WindowsAdd);
$_Groups_OpenGroup_data=$kLayers==true?"":$_data;
$_Groups_OpenGroup_init=true;
$kLayers==true?($_data==""?0: pluginmsg(layers,$_Groups_OpenCmd,$_data)):&_Groups_OpenGroup_Windows;
}

and

_Groups_OpenGroup_LayersAdd{
$_Groups_OpenCmd==""?$_data="":0;
$_Groups_OpenCmd="AddLayersToWindow";
setpref(STRING,$_Groups_OpenHow,"layers(".$_Groups_OpenCmd.")");
}

Save your changes and restart km. This should fix the problem. Note that the last session won't be opened when you open a file or URL directly.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.