Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Startup & last session
Posted by: deso
Date: August 14, 2007 03:32PM

Hello, i've been k-meleon user for a while now, but theres one thing that keeps bugging me. I don't know if its a bug or i'm just doing it wrong but heres a description:

If I have closed k-meleon (completely) and then open a link from some other source, k-meleon opens it, but it doesnt keep the old layers I had.

If I open k-meleon normally (without opening a link from external program), those layers are there just like they should.

Any help or advice would rock if this is not a bug, thanks smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Startup & last session
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: August 14, 2007 03:46PM

Correct me if I don't understand, but, when you talk about old layers, I suppose you're talking about a group of layers set as homepage, not the last session ?

If it's a group, it seems normal, not to use this group when you just open a shortcut on your desktop, or a link in your mail client. In this case, the feature works when just opening K-Meleon.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: August 14, 2007 03:59PM

No, i don't mean a group i've saved or anything. When i open that link, i'd like my browser to open the layers it had when I turned it off AND the new link... just like it would do if I had fired k-meleon up before opening that external link

I have layers on and in use, but i've never used manually saved groups.

And this setting I have on:
View -> Home -> [x] start with last session

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: August 14, 2007 06:19PM

I don't think it's a current feature, and probably it's not a feature supported by other browsers.

This feature isn't supported by K-Meleon, And I don't think that it's possible to do it. It's last session or shortcut, not twice.

Fromage ou dessert :-)

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: kko
Date: August 14, 2007 07:39PM

I second Alain - either or. When you've set km to start with the homepage or a blank page, and you open a file or url, then the homepage or blank page is not opened in addition. When you've set km to start with the startup group or last session, the behavior is the same. Why should it be different?

Date: August 14, 2007 10:49PM

Many times i browse many different pages. Then I start for example playing something and close my browser. When I'm done playing, I might have a url in my feedreader that i'd like to check, WHILE continue browsing the pages I had open.

Now, why I'm not just starting up the browser before opening the url? because I'm not used to that. There is another browser I used for many years, that had a feature like that and it was on by default when I enabled layered browsing...

Too bad if it isn't available k-meleon, but it surely is supported in other browser(s).

There's my feature request then, in the same post smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.