Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Bug with Javascript: GMaps
Posted by: Aliander
Date: September 11, 2007 09:19AM

Hi there!
I'm just coding a net-application wich uses the google maps api and discovered a bug that comes up with dragable markers in gmaps.

Just visit this example page: http://www.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/examples/marker-drag.html

Try to drag the marker and release it.

Here comes the problem: as soon as you move your mouse again the marker will be stick to your cursor again.

I discovered this only in k-meleon (neither FF,IE,Safari nor Opera does this)

well, hope you will fix this soon - maybe I can help when I find the time... (?)

mlg Ali

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bug with Javascript: GMaps
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 11, 2007 09:49AM

I cannot observe the problem, mouse releases map correctly and can be moved without moving the map - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-DE; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070727 K-Meleon/1.1.2 (ax) - Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse, XPpro SP2, Pentium500 192MB RAM.

p. s. K-Meleon Mouse can be erratic at my PC when many things are loading at the same time - maybe check on that on Your PC.

Date: September 11, 2007 11:05AM

not the map
the marker - means the lightred thingy in the middle of the map.

by the way I use K-Meleon 1.1.2 on WinXP

I will also try this at home in the evening...

mlg Ai

Posted by: Dorian
Date: September 11, 2007 06:14PM

JAMGB

(Just Another Mouse Gesture Bug)

Date: September 12, 2007 01:45AM

Hi there again!

Tried it at Home with K-Meleon 1.1.2 and with MouseGesture Plugin on _and_ off. Bug stays as it is

Any suggestions?

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 12, 2007 05:26AM

Sorry Aliander, at the first time I did not understand that I must use/touch the marker while mouse gestures are on.

Here it is as Dorian says, when the mouse gestures are switched off it works.
BTW. It is annoying that it apparently does not behave in the same way at Your PC.

p.s. Not all new things seem to be better smiling smiley

Dorian if You use the mouse plugin from Your first K-Meleon for Mozilla 1.8. the map works // At least here smiling smiley

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a2) Gecko/20040817 K-Meleon/0.8.2+ still RULES smiling smiley

AFAIremember the old plugin may have had less functions - but I have no idea what was added. I only remeber that i once used a simpler form of the plugin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2007 05:51AM by guenter.

Date: September 12, 2007 05:53AM

Hi again!

Back at work i managed to switch mouse gestures completely off - now it works, so you folks are right smiling smiley

Was a bit tricky to switch it off, I had to move the file out of the kplugins folder to manage this, cause simply switching off didn't work for some reason...

well, thanks!
mlg Ali

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.