Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
DivX Crash???
Posted by: Edwin
Date: December 27, 2007 05:11AM

I haven't had this problem until tonight but:

Every time I try to load up a DivX video (clicking the 'play' button), my K-Meleon program lags up, encounters an error, and closes out. I've tried rebooting and re-installing the program, but nothing has changed.

YouTube is perfectly fine. I'm guessing maybe it has to do with the website, but, after trying a different web-service provider, the site operates perfectly fine.

Does anyone else have this problem? And can it be fixed?

Thanks,

-Edwin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DivX Crash???
Posted by: desga2
Date: December 27, 2007 02:25PM

Edwin
YouTube is perfectly fine. I'm guessing maybe it has to do with the website, but, after trying a different web-service provider, the site operates perfectly fine.

What are you referrer with 'different web-service provider', different web browsers?
We need more info: K-Meleon version, windows version, application/pluging for viewing divx, a link to a divx video, ...

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2007 02:26PM by desga2.

Posted by: Edwin
Date: December 27, 2007 02:40PM

Sorry I mean other browsers: like Mozilla and Explorer as an example. They work fine, but K-Meleon does not.

K-Meleon 1.1.3 - Windows XP - The newest and recent download for DivX - lets say: Http://www.stage6.com - Just click on the video you first see, and my K-Meleon program crashes.

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 27, 2007 07:12PM

Yes, you are rigth, this plugin crash my K-Meleon 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 when play divx videos and generate a dump memory file.

This plugin used this dlls:
MSVCM80.DLL
MSVCP80.DLL
MSVCR80.DLL

This could be by a plugin compability problem with K-Meleon (msvcp71.dll, msvcr71.dll). Works fine in Firefox 2.0.0.11 and IE6 in my win2K SP4.

Link to download plugin: http://www.stage6.com/download/

Can someone test it with K-M 1.5 beta version or some Mozilla/Seamonkey version?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2007 07:14PM by desga2.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 28, 2007 10:44PM

I downloaded the DivX player and installed on XP-SP2. I am using KM 1.5a1 and I could play the video. In help:about plugins I have the following for DivX Player.

File name: npdivx32.dll
DivX Web Player version 1.4.0.233

Hope this information helps.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.