Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
URL bar info stays the same when changing tabs..
Posted by: dpcdpc11
Date: March 28, 2008 06:42PM

this bug is really anoying.. and it happens really often.. when i change from one tab to another, the URL bar info remains the link of the first tab... in order to make it change i need to click one in the URL bar and then change the tab...

i'm using version 1.5a2.. hope this one can be fixed in a future release.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: URL bar info stays the same when changing tabs..
Posted by: guenter
Date: March 28, 2008 07:07PM

1.5.a.2 is not yet a release. An a or alpha indicates pre-release software.

You will find an further information here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle ( the article @ http://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betaware seems not yet present ).

The current stable release 1.1.4 does not have this bug.

My guess: the bug will be fixed - alpha and beta testing is done to find bugs.
The alpha versions are distributed here because users here need to help finding bugs winking smiley

Greetings to Romania, guenter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2008 07:08PM by guenter.

Date: March 28, 2008 11:39PM

i didnt say that this was a release... i just pointed out that there's a bug in this alpha version... and i hope the bug will be fixed in the next release[1.5]... maybe the bug will even be fixed in the next alpha or beta version...
like u said...
The alpha versions are distributed here because users here need to help finding bugs winking smiley
so i found a bug and i've reported it.

btw... Romania sucks!!!

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 29, 2008 07:14AM

OK - I did not realize that You knew it was early stage software.

p.s. I always send greetings when we do not have many visitors from a country.
I often can read the URL. Sorry about Your btw. I had assumed that situation @RO gradually gets better now.

Date: March 29, 2008 11:32AM

i'm an onld KM user... and i'm gonna keep it that way cuz it's the best damn browser out there!! customizable as hell, it just need a but of attention from the user... in the crappy FF(using the beta4 now) can't even assign a combination keys to web search a selected text without havint to install a damn addon... and that's how things gets started and befor u know it u got 20 addons and ur FF runs like crap... anyway enough about FF...
Km 1.5a2 should be a beta by me... at least hope they jump directly to a beta in the next version... cause it's stable enough to call it a beta... i'm using it as my default browser on a daily bases...

about the situation in RO... things are getting better... hell we have cheap and quality internet... but expensive food... who need food anyway, right?? i mean imagine that a loaf of bread is 1$ and the salary barely reaches 200$/month... it's shit.. but it's our shit and we have to live in it!

cheers and regards from Romania my friend!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2008 11:33AM by dpcdpc11.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.