Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
K-Meleon 1.1.5 / The General Bookmark-Tab-Line is only shown, when Opera Hotlist is activated ?
Posted by: christian
Date: June 17, 2008 08:13PM

Hallo,

with poor English, and poor computer-knowledge...

First I tried to integrate Netscape (Firefox) Bookmarks, without success.
K-Meleon 1.1.5 did not accept an other "Bookmark.Html."
Neither located on the desktop (neither named "Bookmark.Html", nor with an other name), nor inside directory (C: - - - K-Meleon - Default - 1234x5pg.slt)
where I copied my "Bookmark.Html" into, after having deleted the Original Bookmark.Html. (the Bookmark.Html, that is also located in the Programm - defaults - profile).

Without any Bookmark.Html, K-Meleon (when closed and started again) generates a new Bookmark.Html with 0 KB.
The Programm-Defaults-profile-Bookmark.Html, has 3 KB.

Next, I activate Opera-Hotlist-Plugin.
The Plugin-Configuration askes for the location of the Opera-Hotlist-File, I copy the "opera6.adr" file in it (from opera >>> into directory C: - - - K-Meleon - Default - 1234x5pg.slt)
When I close K-Meleon and start again, >>> now >>> a Bookmark -Tab-Line, with Firefox, Bookmarks, Netscape, Opera and more...<<< appeares.
GREAT!
GENIAL!!!

TEST:
I close K-Meleon, delete the "opera6.adr" file (from C: - - - K-Meleon - Default - 1234x5pg.slt -), and start K-Meleon again. What will happen?
>>> No more Bookmark-Tab-Line
But a new "opera6.adr" with 0KB was created (inside C: - - - K-Meleon - Default - 1234x5pg.slt).

I close K-Meleon, again copy the opera6.adr file (in C: - - - K-Meleon - Default - 1234x5pg.slt) and restart: Here again, is the GREAT-TAB-LINE!
Ha, ha...

NEXT TEST:
Now I de-activate the Netscape-Plugin, close and restart:
It seems as K-Meleon has ignored that change: The Bookmark-Tab-Line is complete (but it should not, should it?...)
with all Tabs: Firefox, Bookmarks, Netscape, Opera. And more.

Therefore the single, main "Bookmark" Tab above all (arriva, ganz oben, at the page head - that is allways and in every browser here) has dissapeared.
Impossible, to add new Bookmarks, having de-activated Netscape-Plugin?

Having a poor PC-System (PIII, 1Ghz) K-Meleon, is much better for me, than the big Browsers.
Thanks to the Developers.

Christian

PS:
What I still don´t know is: Where does K-Meleon get the Netscape-Bookmarks from...?
The File saved in the active Netscape-Plugin-Configuration ist the Default "Bookmarks.Html" File with 3 KB.

The File with the Netscape (Firefox) Bookmarks, - the Bookmarks, that are shown under "Netscape-Bookmarks" - I named 000Bookmarks.Html, and it is still situated inside (C: - - - K-Meleon - Default - 1234x5pg.slt -).
But it is not the File I saved in the Configuration?

But it should be, shouldn´t it...?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 1.1.5 / The General Bookmark-Tab-Line is only shown, when Opera Hotlist is activated ?
Posted by: Fred
Date: June 17, 2008 08:36PM

Rename your profile to profile2 to start a new profile.
Open the browser. Go to Edit/Preferences/Plugins and enable
Netscape bookmarks.
Close the browser first.
Put your bookmarks.html then into the newly created profile,
after deleting a possibly existing small bookmarks file there.
Restart then the browser.
The bookmarks should be found without entering its path,
as long as it is inside the working profile.

Fred

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.