the new K-meleon
Posted by: mrbig
Date: August 04, 2008 05:40AM

well i downloaded the new 1.6 version and ive noticed that the browser will load the page fast as hell and there will be no website show up but it will say in the left hand corner done or ready i refresh it same thing ,it dont do it all time but still does it ,,got a quick fix for this .cant be much wrong ..

Re: the new K-meleon
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 04, 2008 11:43AM

Do you perhaps have a firewall that you need to let know that KM has permission to go to the net?

Date: August 04, 2008 06:50PM

ive had an still got the same firewall that ive always used and its never caused a problem ,if it was my firewall it would have been doing this with 1.5 and every other browser ive used dont ya think .

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 04, 2008 08:30PM

Agreed - but JamesD points at the most common problem after websoftware installs - check or recheck this cause / the second most common is broken installers/installs / reinstall while You try to observe every detail - All here would appreciate feedback. Only solved problems are good problems smiling smiley

The thing is that during the years since 0.8.2 while I supported K-Meleon in this Forum i stopped to think that the same firewall or any other software always behaves the same ( even if it should behave the same ).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2008 08:31PM by guenter.

Date: August 05, 2008 04:21AM

Dear sir i just deleted all files to k-meleon in my program files backup my bookmarks and didnt really have to do that because after i installed it again they were there from the internet explorer it just copyied them at install well i did notice one thing after the reinstall i went to my program files again and i have two different ones for k-meleon one set has the main stuff in it and the other has just profile default and cache in it and i even took out the check mark for different user profiles but it made it anyway i guess so i tried it and so far its done ok on the blog site i go to everything is working correctly ..thanks for all you guys help you all are doing a great job......thank you from mrbig.its script time i got to get busy ...............

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.