Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
bug test 2
Posted by: disrupted
Date: August 10, 2008 12:21PM

i already posted that under general but got no help, i thought maybe i posted in the wrong forum.. hope someone helps me out with this.. as it's really bugging(no pun intended) me out!

i'm having a problem with 1.5 and embedded mime types registered to wmp(wma, wmv, asf), when a page having embedded media of these types, k-meleon fails to exit properly after the page is loaded.. i.e. when you click the close button; the k-meleon window closes but the application keeps running as a process and has to be terminated manually.. however this does not apply when you close the tab with that page.. only when the tab is left open and you exit k-meleon from the titlebar close button. this problem doesn't exist on 1.1.x versions( i've tested with 1.1.4 and 1.1.6) and seems that only 1.5 versions suffer from it, tested with the alpha, beta versions and rc (1.5.0.20, 1.5.0.27) and the stable .28.

i don't know if perhaps i'm having a problem with my plugin set/conflict(wmp 9 plugin) or is it a bug in 1.5 releases.

so please, if you have wmp plugin installed; visit this page and wait till it loads(sound plays) then exit the browser from the close button(do not close the tab), check if the k-meleon process is still running after you close.. thanks

wma test page:

update: i tried changing tabs settings.. to close window when last tab is closed etc etc..still doesn't exit

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bug test 2
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 10, 2008 11:35PM

I am not sure whether the plugin is good and stable. K-Meleons' that continue to run in background are sometimes seen after script errors.

Here this plugin crashed 1.1.4 updated to newest possible GRE (but not always) & mostly did what You described for new 1.5.x. I have much less plugins installed (java, pdf, flash, quicktime and the ms plugin that causes the error). Maybe we should make sure that older not-scriptbale npdsplay.dll cannot not interfer?

BTW. wmatest.html seems to be invalide html. The HTML page does not close body nor html (though IMHO that is not the reason for the crash since a more valid test page) gave me my grave 1.1.x crashes sad smiley

Another thing: this Microsoft plugin doe not seem to be a fully compatible Netscape plugin - It crashed Opera 9.5.1 and did not it work with Safari on this XP machine. Netscape plugins must work with all browsers (even with old IEs) that support the Netscape plugin model.

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: August 11, 2008 07:55AM

sorry, i must have typed a wrong link; i was actually testing with a local html page with the embedded media on my computer.. the problem is only specific to systems using np-mswmp.dll(xp and above) and k-meleon 1.5, the test page you posted works fine with 1.1.4 and 1.1.6 and without any crashes, also 1.5 doesn't crash either and the media plays fine.. the only problem is that k-meleon 1.5 doesn't exit(close-button) when np-mswmp.dll is invoked.. 1.1.x closes normally and its' behaviour is not affected when the plugin is invoked, so i think it validates as a 1.5 bug.

you are 100% correct about the plugin being compatible.. it's merely a wrapper to link to wmp core files in system32 folder(mainly the wmploc.dll and wmp.dll files).. so it is bound to cause problems with some browsers... i guess windows software developers are doomed to work around microsoft shortcomings!

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: August 11, 2008 08:01AM

sorry..misunderstood.. yes, the wmatest is poorly coded, i wrote it in a rush to test different wmp mime types, but usually i write good html pages.. don't take it against me grinning smiley

Date: August 11, 2008 02:57PM

@ disrupted - My problem also when i am in a hurry
/ the html does not seem to cause it anyway grinning smiley

I used my XP system - and all config as You indicated - & Safari needs XP.
But my system finds some files for ME which is on the same machine.

I would not know where to place nsBrowserContentHandler.js or other ?.js (if needed additionally to the dll) in Opera and Safari.

I will try to find out whether this is the right: const NS_IACTIVEXSECURITYPOLICY_CID = Components.ID("{B9BDB43B-109E-44b8-858C-B68C6C3DF86F}"); for the new dll in ActiveX support files.

Probably a 1.5 bug - but since our devs are so few - we best try to narrow things down ourselves.

Posted by: desga2
Date: August 11, 2008 05:45PM

@ guenter:
nsBrowserContentHandler.js file is place in \components folder in Gecko browsers.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: August 11, 2008 07:28PM

Yes thx - since my post I have located a version of the file in a Firefox 3 ./components folder and copied it to the same locaton in K-Meleon on XP.

I double checked all install steps. ActiveX support and plugins & js are installed. An older & a new player plugin are mentinoed in activeX.js

pref("capability.policy.default.ClassID.CID6BF52A52-394A-11D3-B153-00C04F79FAA6","AllAccess");
pref("capability.policy.default.ClassID.CID22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95", "AllAccess");

I tested here. I can "play" and "pause" & K-Meleon1.5de-DE final will shut down properly (& even restart without problem) - As soon as I use "stop". K-Meleon will hang in Limbo as described in initial report. I must forcibly kill the process before I can restart.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.