Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Can't login to hotmail or gmx
Posted by: slystone
Date: August 24, 2008 07:48PM

I have looked at thebug reports and I saw this in one Change the browser ID in Edit > Preferences > Privacy to IE6. This was a very old post, And I can't find it. As far as Msn, takes me to a page that says come back with a default browser firefox, IE, sarfi, Safari, WTF. I also know there is a string that can be added, that will fool the sites. I've only used k-meleon for a week and I'm not up with all the terms. Explain to me what to change, and where it is and I don't forget things once I do them. As , far as gmx same thing won't let me log in. I have to use IE7 or maxthon because they get into all the sites. I need k-meleon to be able to do that. Right now it can't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2008 10:05PM by slystone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't login to hotmail or gmx
Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: August 24, 2008 10:46PM

when it comes to using hotmail or microsoft-owned websites in general, it's better to use a useragent identifying kmeleon as internet explorer.

to do this, click on the tools menu> user agent> custom.
in the custom buffer enter this string:
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1) Microsoft Internet Explorer

to make this useragent value always available in the useragent menu(so you don't have to enter it manually everytime) do this:
click on edit menu> configuration> browser configuration

a new window/tab should open displaying kmeleon settings:
right click on any value and select> new > string from the menu
a small dialog will open.
in the preference name buffer enter this:
kmeleon.privacy.useragent4.name
click ok, a new buffer for the value will open enter this:
ie 6/xp

right click again on any value and select new string
this time enter this:
preference name: kmeleon.privacy.useragent4.string
value: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1) Microsoft Internet Explorer

this will permanently display internet explorer string in the useragent menu and whenever you want to use hotmail or msn live blogs etc, just click on the tools menu> useragent and select ie6/xp from the menu.

however, some microsoft sites are internetexplorer-compliant and not standard compliant.. so they will never be displayed as they should on kmeleon..that's not a bug or fault in kmeleon, but rather in the codes used on those websites that are written specifically for internet explorer.. in that case it's best to use the seamonkey/gecko userstring.

as for gmx mail, this is a confirmed bug in kmeleon 1.5 in regards to javascript, it has already been fixed for kmeleon 1.5.1
please see this thread:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,82512

Re: Can't login to hotmail or gmx
Posted by: Rapido
Date: August 25, 2008 02:16PM

Hi! I just noticed this thread and I might have a solution for hotmail.
Here check this thread: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,81129

Yours: Rapido

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.