Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
I'm ready to uninstall this piece of junk, one more time
Posted by: slystone
Date: August 26, 2008 12:39AM

I'm sick of this, it's a fast browser, but it keeps giving me problems and I'm getting lose it and maybe uninstall it because this thing is unstable.
I go to google mail which I never had a problem with and click on the link, in the address bar is this crazy url comes up in yellow and keeps changing not letting me in, I think it keeps changing because k-meleon is trying to get in, keeps saying loading, what is the problem now??????

barshttps://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F%3Fhl%3Den%26zx%3D1qxu6sm45ldha%26zx%3Discxi8342tu1%26zx%3D2jknpv9enmd6%26zx%3Dhiht9edfmcj9%26zx%3D12fuf769cy6b1%26zx%3Dkvvlypxgyqae%26zx%3D1mwk0fscxby00%26zx%3D4fopyshny3st%26zx%3Dhn1sffktvr5a%26zx%3D14iom96axvdxa%26shva%3D1%26ui%3Dhtml%26zy%3Dl&bsv=1k96igf4806cy&ltmpl=default&ltmplcache=2&hl=e

Then I go to msn and this big window comes up that says your cookies are turned off, you must have you cookies turned on. in the red url is thisurlhttps://login.live.com/cookiesDisabled.srf?vv=600&lc=1033

Why does this keep happening??? Every dam time I think I got k-meleon down, it does something else. Right now I can't get into Google mail with K-meloen and msn either. I was getting into msn yesterday and Google has never been a problem! I'll fix this and if it keeps doing this I'm done with it. Neither opera nor foxfire does this. You set it up and that's it, atleast for me. Can we fix this?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2008 12:43AM by slystone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm ready to uninstall this piece of junk, one more time
Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: August 26, 2008 12:50AM

it is not recommended to turn on your cookies without milk.

Date: August 26, 2008 01:26AM

Click on the www.google.com link and it will send you to what the link looks like for some reason it won't let me copy and paste. I just got a new computer and I've had many issues, also some software is not working right, and I need a
browser to play with my head. The dam thing worked yesterday. What went wrong from then to today????? I didn't do that much. This forum is doing it to me too. I logged in and i post and it say you have to log in this is the third time?

Posted by: disrupted(pissed mode)
Date: August 26, 2008 01:49AM

edit>preferences>privacy & security settings:
remember login data: check
accept cookies: always
keep cookies: until time of expiration

tools>privacy>clear data>clear automatically..
cookies:
clear on startup: uncheck
clear on shutdown: uncheck

Date: August 26, 2008 02:24AM

Yo disrupted (pissed off mode) that did nothing, I went to google it looks like google is having a heart attack.

google has now a 400 bad request error on my login Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request.

msn is the same

The forum made me log in and out five times?

Posted by: desga2
Date: August 26, 2008 11:09AM

The URL bar works fine to me in your Google link.

And not problem with this forum login.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2008 11:17AM by desga2.

Date: August 26, 2008 01:20PM

mate.. i have no clue what went wrong with your settings, either you keep fiddling a lot and that messes up kmeleon, or your just keep having terrible luck with it.

either case, do this:
open preferences( edit>preferences) or F2
network/performance
send http referers: check
when click links and images(select)
send https refers: check

enable link prefetching: check

proxy;
connect directly to the internet: select
use http 1.1
enable keep-alive: check
enable pipelining: uncheck

cache:
cache file in memory: check
use maximum 4 mb for memory
cache files on disk: check
use maximum 32 mb for disk space

close and restart kmeleon
(and if you didn't, you should have restarted kmeleon after resetting cookies settings)

if it's still now working, do this:
edit> manage profiles
click new > name profile: test
ask at startup: check
click ok button

in the profile manager dialog select "test"

the test profile will revert kmeleon to all its default settings.
test it out on all your websites, when you're sure it's working out as you like
do this:

in the manage profiles dialog:
select the old profile (default)
click delete button
ask at startup: uncheck

close kmeleon

in documents folder or any other place you see apt:
create a new folder and name it: kmeleonprofilebkup
browse to this folder:
c:\documents & settings[yourusername]\application data\k-meleon
or (depending on your windows version)
c:\users[yourusername]\appdata\k-meleon

copy the entire k-meleon folder to your newly created kmeleonprofilebkup folder

now fiddle with the browser to your hearts content, when you're satisfied and kmeleon is working exactly as you like, copy that application data k-meleon folder to the kmeleonprofilebkup.

if anything goes wrong along the road, just copy your backed up k-meleon folder inside kmeleonprofilebkup to the application data folder and replace contents.

good luck.

Posted by: caktus
Date: August 27, 2008 02:41PM

slystone
just got a new computer and I've had many issues, also some software is not working right

Perhaps it's the computer, then. If the new computer came with a support aggreement or warrenty, I would contact them for help resolving these issues.

Also, perhaps the KM download is some how corrupt. When we least expect it, stuff does happen. At this point I would delete everything KM including it's set up files and start fresh with a new download, and make any changes to settings one at a time and see if perhaps you are been making a change that causes KM to become unstable. Or perhaps you will discover a bug that needs to be fixed.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Date: August 27, 2008 04:31PM

you know, you're probably right charlie.. ever since slystone got his new pc and he's been have problems with km.. maybe it came with vista? i believe vista needs some tweaking before it's ready to go with most software.

Posted by: DasFox
Date: August 28, 2008 10:04PM

Gmail isn't working today for me, when I'd click on some email I sent to look at it, it would just sit there saying it was loading and do nothing, then I sent a reply and when I clicked send it did nothing, so I logged out, shut down KM and logged in with IE6 and everything worked fine...

All I can tell is that 1.5 from time to time is having issues also with Gmail...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.