Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Bug report?
Posted by: Panzer
Date: August 31, 2008 01:32PM

With KM I cannot download pictures from ftp. It gives a message: download failed! And nothing happens ...This was a problem in previous version, and now it it also a problem in current version. If it is a bug, it is a minor one. But bug is a bug and it should be fixed.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8936/screenshot001wr9.png

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bug report?
Posted by: disrupted
Date: August 31, 2008 09:42PM

panz, i have no problems downloading images from ftp protocols. i tried using the site in your snapshot but i think it's down though i'm not sure because it was hard to read the address : ftp://192.168.254.12/

try downloading images from this server:
ftp://ftp.uni-koeln.de/institute/genetik/Sprenger/Image-DB-NZ/NZ-009/HA-Rca1_D-Fbox_WGA-Ptyr/HA-Rca1_D-Fbox_WGA-Ptyr-Images/

if you can download the images there then it's definitely a problem with that other ftp server, if you still can't try this:
open folder options and check if k-meleon is default for ftp protocols.. technically it shouldn't matter whether it's default or not since the ftp server was accessed from kmeleon itself but maybe if there's a bug it's related to kmeleon not being default handler for ftp.. but hopefully there isn't and you'll be able to download from cologne's university.

Date: September 02, 2008 01:21PM

This is an adress where our company gets pics from our photographers. It is password protected so you could not look at it even if the site would not be down. Everything is OK when I use FF.

I have installed K-Meleon directly to USB stick, but this should not be a problem.

I have set K-meleon for default browser. Tomorrow I will go to work and try again.

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 02, 2008 01:47PM

Panzer
Everything is OK when I use FF.

Use the Firefox User agent string. Try that it is the normal fix for such pages.
K-Meleon can do the same as FFox if a page send code for a Gecko browser.
If a stupid browser switch sends K-Meleon to IE's version of code it is a problem.

Panzer

I have installed K-Meleon directly to USB stick, but this should not be a problem.

No Problem.

Date: September 03, 2008 01:17PM

Disrupted, I have set for K-Meleon to be default browser for ftp and it worked. Thanx.

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: September 03, 2008 05:20PM

panzer, can you please submit it to the bugs wiki:
kmeleon not able to access some files on ftp servers when not set as default for ftp protocol.
thanks.

Posted by: panzer
Date: September 03, 2008 06:54PM

I did.

Date: September 12, 2008 08:58PM

If I save a page with Kmeleon with Save as (HTML only or complete) and want to open the pages later, I can't do it. It gives me Page load error. File not found. With FF it works OK.

Posted by: desga2
Date: September 13, 2008 09:01AM

@ panzer:

Works fine to me.
What K-Meleon version are you using, what Windows Version, and what web page are you saving?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: September 13, 2008 01:32PM

Latest KMeleon 1.5.0.. Previous versions didn't work either. Windows XP SP2.

I tried to download this among other pages:

http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/wesnoth/trunk/doc/manual/manual.en.html. I have Kmeleon open and when I click on page to open it, error appears.

Sometimes I download pages from gamespot.com and then have to open them with FF.

Since I am using Kmeleon on USB, I can't register Kmeleon as a Windows browser. But this shouldn't be a problem, should it, since my home Kmeleon (hard disc) can't open them either?

Date: September 13, 2008 01:37PM

i tried some other pages (even Gamespot), which I didn't tried with this version and they work OK. Only this page from svn.gna.org won't work.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: September 13, 2008 03:04PM

the problem is within the file /folder naming itself.. if you choose to save with your own name for instance 'westfieldbattle' a simple short name without spaces.. you'll find you'll be able to open/view the page normally.

it is infact a bug with handling certain long file names with certain characters, but it's not a kmeleon bug.. it's a gecko 1.8(and below) bug.

so for now.. when saving pages.. just name them yourself instead of the auto-generated name from the page title.. this way you'll be avoiding this bug.

hope this helps

Date: September 13, 2008 03:12PM

It works now. What a simple solution. Thanx!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.