Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
sorry, but again: TABS
Posted by: caprivi
Date: October 23, 2008 10:06AM

I run the German version of KM.
Although I tried several possibilities to mark different tab options,

I ALWAYS GET: just one tab-button on window's top, changing its content according to the active web site, but at the bottom the sum of tabs in the k-meleon icon (3 K-Meleon).

BUT I WANT: every tab as a separate button on top.

What do I have to mark in order to get what I want?

Opera for example shows automatically the row of tabs on the windows top.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sorry, but again: TABS
Posted by: desga2
Date: October 23, 2008 05:42PM

Sorry i don't understand you.

Like you said have a tab bar in windows top and other tab bar in window bottom?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: disrupted
Date: October 23, 2008 06:13PM

i kinda understood your problem.. but i'm not very sure

1. you want all tabs (tabbar) to be at the top? open preferences(press F2),
go to gui appearance> select toolbars and in toolbars select tabbar.. uncheck display tabs at the bottom.

2. you want the tab buttons(new tab button-close button) to be on each tab like opera? you cannot do that in kmeleon but you can attach the tabs buttons to the tabbar strip so it shouws at the end of the tab bar.. the close button is not really needed to be on every tab because you can close any tab just by double-clicking on it.. i bet you can't do that in opera

i don't know how to get to these options in german k-meleon but i think you can manage, i hope this snapshot helps:

Date: October 24, 2008 01:02PM

Yes, you got it right and I thank you for your efforts.
But 'my' configuration looks exactly as your sample and it does not work.
There is only one tab-button in the top bar and one open-program-button at the bottom.
The latter shows the quantity of KM-windows (4...and title of the open one), the top bar shows the open page. I want to have all 4 pages as buttons on the top bar.
When I use the deletion cross on the right side of the top bar I close the open tab and the window shows the next lower one (out of those 4).

Would you propose to use the English version instead? Maybe that there is a bug in the German one.

Posted by: desga2
Date: October 24, 2008 05:19PM

You can set tab button size; right click in tab button -> Tabs -> Options ... -> Tab Bar (Tab) -> Max & Min button width.

You can also attach New/Close Tabs to the Tab bar.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: kko
Date: October 24, 2008 06:03PM

disrupted
you want the tab buttons(new tab button-close button) to be on each tab like opera? you cannot do that in kmeleon...

Since 1.5.1 you can do. Create a new integer pref named "browser.tabs.closeButtons" and set it to 1. smiling smiley

Date: October 24, 2008 06:04PM

@caprivi: Ich bin nicht sicher, ob wir hier verstehen, was du meinst. Erklärs doch mal auf Deutsch. :p

Posted by: disrupted
Date: October 24, 2008 10:34PM

ah.. did not know that, this should help satisfying firefox converters coming over to the darker side smiling smiley

Date: October 25, 2008 01:29PM

Your first example is what I expected and what I want.
But here it sticks to only one button which changes the text according to the active tab.
At the bottom, where the open programs are listed, there the K-Meleon Info shows the number of open tabs.

Date: October 25, 2008 01:39PM

Früher mit KM wie auch jetzt bei Opera befindet sich oben unter der Adressleiste die Tab-Leiste, welche nebeneinander auflistete, was man zuletzt besuchte. Mit dem roten Kreuz auf der rechten Seite konnte und kann ich die Tabs rückwärts gehend wieder löschen. Letzteres funktioniert bei mir JETZT auch.
NUR
ich habe in der Tab-Leiste nur EINEN Tab-Reiter, der auf das aktive Fenster hinweist. In der Leiste unten aber, die die laufenden Programme anzeigt, besteht die K-Meleon Information entweder aus mehreren KM Reitern oder aus nur einem mit der Anzahl der geöffneten Seiten.
Ich habe in den Einstellungen schon alle scheinbar logischen Versionen durchgespielt, bekomme es aber nicht hin.

Date: October 25, 2008 02:43PM

caprivi
Früher mit KM wie auch jetzt bei Opera befindet sich oben unter der Adressleiste die Tab-Leiste, welche nebeneinander auflistete, was man zuletzt besuchte.

Die Tab-Leiste zeigt die im aktuellen Browser-Fenster geöffneten Seiten (Dokumente) an. Über die Tab-Schaltflächen (Reiter) kannst du ein Dokument auswählen um es anzuzeigen.

caprivi
Mit dem roten Kreuz auf der rechten Seite konnte und kann ich die Tabs rückwärts gehend wieder löschen.

Das rote Kreuz auf der rechten Seite schließt immer den aktuellen Tab. Welcher Tab danach angezeigt wird, hängt von deinen Einstellungen ab...

caprivi
Letzteres funktioniert bei mir JETZT auch.
NUR
ich habe in der Tab-Leiste nur EINEN Tab-Reiter, der auf das aktive Fenster hinweist.

Nicht auf das aktive Fenster, auf das aktive Dolkument (im aktuellen Fenster)! Nun ja, wenn du nur einen Tab (Reiter) geöffnet hast, kann die Tab-Leiste auch nicht mehr anzeigen...

caprivi
In der Leiste unten aber, die die laufenden Programme anzeigt,

Das ist die Taskleiste.

caprivi
besteht die K-Meleon Information entweder aus mehreren KM Reitern

In der Taskleiste hat man Schaltflächen, keine Reiter - unter Reitern versteht man etwas anderes. Jede Schaltfläche in der Taskleiste steht für ein Programmfenster. Durch anklicken einer Schaltfläche in der Taskleiste holt man das zugehörige Programmfenster in den Vordergrund.

caprivi
oder aus nur einem mit der Anzahl der geöffneten Seiten.

Nicht Seiten, Fenster! Das ist ein Feature der Taskleiste seit Windows XP. Um Platz zu sparen, kann Windows mehrere Fenster des selben Programms (z.B. K-Meleon) in einer Schaltfläche zusammenfassen. Wenn dir das nicht passt, schau mal in die Taskleistenoptionen (Rechtsklick auf eine freie Stelle in der Taskleiste > Eigenschaften). Ich meine da kann man es abschalten...

caprivi
Ich habe in den Einstellungen schon alle scheinbar logischen Versionen durchgespielt, bekomme es aber nicht hin.

Was bekommst du nicht hin?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.