Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Page Rendering Error
Posted by: ndebord
Date: October 29, 2008 02:20AM

Anybody have a clue about this error?

HTTP ERROR: $CODE$

$MESSAGE$

RequestURI=/site=742474/size=728090/u=1/bnum=63598571/hr=22/hl=2/c=3/scres=4/swh=1024x768/tile=1/f=2/as=3/r=1/optn=1

N

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Page Rendering Error
Posted by: desga2
Date: October 29, 2008 12:40PM

This seems a Flash page error.

What is the page that produce this error?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: ndebord
Date: October 31, 2008 03:39AM

desga2,

I don't have the page. These errors only crept in since I mistakendly allowed QuickTime to install and steal focus. I think I have fixed the problem by changing over (thanks to everyone here for their ideas) to other media players. I'll get back to you on this, after some testing.

Thanks again for listening. I have been more than a little incoherent on this problem as I didn't plan on changing my setup, it is just that I made the mistake of running secunia and listening to its complaints about out of date software on my system.

<SIGH>

N

Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 31, 2008 11:44AM

Out of date software? No such thing as long as the program meets your needs. With the wonderful exception of KM, almost all my software is out of date. I looked at that item from secunia once. To upgrade all that it said I needed would have cost me a ton of money and time. I didn't do it. I admit that I have gotten bit by some media player stuff based on security issues before but next time I am going open source, free type choices.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: October 31, 2008 05:00PM

i totally agree.. most of those 'outdated' software are far better than their recent versions. nowadays, it seems that 'updated' means extra bloat instead of extra functions. i can't think of a better example than a program i've been using since windows nt.. it's called directorycatalog.. a true no-nonsense application that saves a catalog of your files in a folder and then compares it for changes next time you open it.. comes very handy when you uninstall programs and they leave behind unnecessary junk in the system.. there are a lot of similar programs out there but nothing comes close to this one when it comes to simplicity and displaying changes even to file version.. it's now abandonware, the company nolonger in business and the author decided to become a pilot..

you can read more about it there:
http://windowsitpro.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=4708

website? http://toddtown.osbornes.webhop.net:5000/

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.