Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Macro coding error messages
Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 07, 2008 05:25PM

In version 1.5.2 RC the error reporting for macros does not seem to work. When I copied a macro which did not seem to work from the RC version back to the 1.5.0, I got error messages for bad coding. There were no error messages for the code in the RC version.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Macro coding error messages
Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 07, 2008 07:33PM

i can confirm that aswell.. but not only in 1.5.2rc; also in 1.5.1. i messed up a macro using older 1.1.x commands like $LINKURL etc. 1.5.0 displays macro parsing errors like 'command ... used without being initialized.' 1.5.2rc and 1.5.1 did not display any errors and just failed to execute the commands when they were selected.

Date: December 07, 2008 07:54PM

I just loaded 1.5.2 RC2 and the problem persists there also. I removed a quote from a statement in a macro to make it unbalanced. I get an error in 1.5.0 but the later versions do not produce the error message.

Do we need a bug report on this?

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 07, 2008 08:34PM

Are you tried to look in Error console?
Remember this is a new feature (RFE) in 1.5.1 and later. (See bug RFE #1042)
grinning smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2008 08:36PM by desga2.

Date: December 07, 2008 09:01PM

It is in the Error console. This is a new way to display errors? I guess we will not see startup errors now, only in the console?

Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 07, 2008 09:26PM

oh yeah.. under kmm. it's nice but startup macro errors were more practical in testing; but i guess for most users it's more convenient to suppress the errors and just reoprt then in the console.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.