Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
1.5.1 and .2rc2 urlbar bug
Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 09, 2008 01:43PM

i think i've read about this bug in bugs wiki and might have been fixed.. not sure, but it never happened to me before.. here's how it happened.
i restarted kmeleon.. naturally browser started with homepage in first tab, then due to laziness; i selected a page i've just visited from history instead of browsing to the page like i normally do.
the address in urlbar did not change to new page from history.. in that case was kmeleon forum and kept address from the homepage(ookosearch)

the problem is kinda sporadic, it doesn't happen every time.. but it happens.
tested with 1.5.1 and 1.5.2rc2.. same thing

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1.5.1 and .2rc2 urlbar bug
Posted by: desga2
Date: December 09, 2008 06:17PM

Some regresion type of this 1.5 Beta bug:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KMeleon15
K-Meleon 1.5
Build 26: Up/Down Arrow keys in the URL Bar are not working correctly. In 1.1 (if I'm right) that allowed you to browse through the URL Bar History. Now it immediately loads the new URL, sometimes it just reloads the current page.

* FIXED (build 27)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: December 09, 2008 06:23PM

yep.. it's a resurrected bug! spooky grinning smiley
worth reporting?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 09, 2008 07:25PM

I don't know if this is the same or something different. When I choose a past file from the VIEW - HISTORY dropdown list I get that page displayed but the URLBAR continues to display the URL from the first page.

KM ver 1.5.2 RC2 on XP-SP3

Date: December 09, 2008 07:28PM

yep, same thing. thanks james.. i'll report it

Date: December 09, 2008 09:11PM

I can't make the problem happen again. I was going to capture the screen, but the right URL appears now.

However I have run into another problem on the same menu. When I start KM and it loads my homepage, then I the go to this forum. I open menu VIEW and go down to item HISTORY to select my homepage from the dropdown again. Now that works where it was failing before. But when I go there again to select the forum page, KM has a problem and has to quit. As soon as the mouse brings a highlight to the dropdown area the problem happens. I took the time to load KM 1.5.2RC2 onto my laptop and the same sequence of actions also causes KM to quit there also.

Date: December 09, 2008 10:37PM

i was able to reproduce what you've encountered.. just like you said, it crashed kmeleon.. i've sent a crash report. i can't even tell if its related to same bug but a new one altogether.. the way it acts sounds like a different bug; speaking of bugs i ran into a new one while trying to rewrite the restart autoit script... must be bug night.

i'll test that other view>history menu bug more.. try to find out for sure if its related to old urlbar bug or not.. not even sure how to describe it in the bug report.

i've upoladed the less-gibberish crash xml file there, if it's any help to anyone:
http://soltanator.bizhat.com/k-meleon.xml

dorian can decrypt the other report .dmp

Date: December 10, 2008 12:36PM

I loaded the crash report program on both the desktop and laptop. Now I can't get KM to crash with the view - history problem. I will keep trying everytime I start up KM just to see if it comes back.

Date: December 10, 2008 12:53PM

i think i figured this bug out.. the homepage must be in the list view>history

an easy way to reproduce it is this:
open kmeleon with a different page or about blank.. browse to a regular site or sites but not the homepage.
now, open a new tab and alt+home.. now that the homepage has been loaded into that tab.. select another tab: you'll notice on all the other tabs; all previous history entries have been removed and replaced by the homepage one; it's already 'ticked' on the other tabs even though that homepage isn't displayed inside those tabs?!.. now click on it e voila.. CRASH!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.