Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Priceline Bidding Problem
Posted by: Larry Peterson
Date: December 09, 2008 05:46PM

The processing that Priceline uses concerning bidding for areas and hotel star systems does not work in K-meleon.

Using Firefox or IE, go to the "Bid for Hotels" section and choose a city, let's say Chicago. You are presented with a choice of areas around the city (like Lincoln Park, Greater Chicago, and so on) and underneath that, a choice of star levels for the hotel you want - all of them grayed out until you choose an area. When you choose an area, only the star levels that are available for that area will become active and can be selected. Choosing "Lincoln Park", for instance, activates only 2 star and 2.5 star choices. Unselect Lincoln Park and select a different area and a different set of star choices will be available.

If you do that with K-meleon, all the star choices are available at all times - before you even select an area and regardless of which area you select. I do not know what Priceline would do if you actually tried to place a bid for a star level that wasn't available, but K-meleon's behavior cannot be correct.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Priceline Bidding Problem
Posted by: desga2
Date: December 09, 2008 06:34PM

Can you post a link?
What K-Meleon version are you using and what Windows version?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 09, 2008 06:36PM

i'm assuming it's a case of bad browser sniffer on website's behalf.. i'll try to test that site but not sure if we'll be able to test it fully.. does it require registering with creditcard or some other payment? anyway, try this.. and hopefully it will work:

in kmeleon, click on tools menu>user agent>select firefox 2.0
check if the site is working as it should.. if not.. then clear kmeleon's cache first.. select useragent firefox 2 and uncheck 'reset to default on exit', restart kmeleon and try the site again.

most probably it's a bad sniffer and you'll be able to access all that site's features.

edit: desga, i think it's this one: http://www.priceline.com/
edit2: there's a scary-looking man on the frontpage.. looks like russian mob, not sure if that's a good way to tempt people into buying from them

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2008 06:38PM by disrupted.

Date: December 09, 2008 06:55PM

in kmeleon, click on tools menu>user agent>select firefox 2.0
check if the site is working as it should..

Yes, that makes it work! Anyone can check it out at priceline.com without registering or supplying a credit card. Even if you accidentally clicked "Bid Now" it would give you several more times to decide to back out.

Great to see such quick responses!

Date: December 09, 2008 06:59PM

BTW, I don't think that scary looking guy is from Russia. He's probably from outer space.....

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 09, 2008 07:46PM

Must be the character of a Start Trek episode. grinning smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 09, 2008 08:06PM

spock must have gained some weight over the years.. :p