Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Form does not open Print dialog properly
Posted by: ancientuser
Date: December 12, 2008 09:27PM

Since the Bug Tracking System did not let me in with my forum password, and required me to create a new account, which sent me back to forum account creation, where I cannot register another username with the same email address, I am reporting a bug right here.

I have saved a https webpage on which there is a Print form button. When I first tried to print with that button, K-Meleon crashed. On later occasions, it just does not react. In Mozilla, everything works OK, even with the saved webpage.

As I have saved the webpage, I can send it to somebody for inspection but I would not like to post it openly. If anyone knows the proper person to send the saved webpage to, please let me know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Form does not open Print dialog properly
Posted by: desga2
Date: December 12, 2008 10:21PM

It's possible that your user need a refresh. A lot of people had problems with his users when changed forum and Sourceforge servers.
Guenter or Dorian can help you with your user problem.

About your print problem:
What K-Meleon version are you using and what Windows version?

Few weeks ago I can print in a https web site without problem with K-Meleon 1.1.6.
(I hadn't last 1.5.X version in that time)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2008 07:27PM by desga2.

Date: December 13, 2008 06:04AM

I am using K-Meleon 1.5.1.

I could not log in today either. But I can send the saved webpage: with this, the problem is reproducible on my computer. I need an email address to send the html to.

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 13, 2008 08:57AM

Print and Print preview work for me. See attached mini screenshot. Print dialog copied into print preview.

The print css formats different than browser view.
If You need to print a browser view You can e.g. use Print button of keyboard to copy to clipboard, paste into graphic program such as Irfan Viewer and print from there.

IMHO only Dorian can possibly do something about forum. But the bug sounds like the usual forum outages and problems and is no problem of Your browser or system.

You can attach files to forum posts or mail to desgas2 or me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2008 08:59AM by guenter.

Attachments: Zwischenablage03.jpg (13.9 KB)  
Date: December 13, 2008 09:39PM

You may have misunderstood. I had a problem with a specific other webpage which contains a button "Print" (which is meant for printing out an insurance policy just concluded). The problem itself does not occur with K-Meleon forums.

I have sent you the webpage with an explanation.

Date: December 16, 2008 06:57AM

I resolved the matter for now by removing the PDF file type from Preferences - Browsing - File handling - By type. Thereafter the Print button on the page works.

I do not have a plugin for viewing PDF (deliberately, I always want to download PDF) and I have several PDF printers.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.