Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
k-mel started freezing on Vista 64
Posted by: canmar
Date: January 15, 2009 11:50AM

Morning all; about three days ago, km started freezing the minute I started it, on all functions (select favorites, refresh page, etc), and have to use Task Manager to shut it down. Tried everything, including a full uninstall with registry purge and all folders deleted, both versions 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 are exhibiting the same behaviour. Strange thing is, I have not done any updates to other programs that could have an influence, such as firewall or A/V. Very confused, and now I am forced to write this post on (GASP!!) IE7. Been using km for over two years now exclusively, and am very confused by this; does anyone have any suggestions and/or solutions, desperately wanting to go back to km as quickly as possible, cannot stand IE sad smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: k-mel started freezing on Vista 64
Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: January 15, 2009 02:55PM

damn! i wish i could help.. i don't know much about vista, but here are the things that might have an effect(as far as i've read about vista)
is km running from a usb or external hd etc?
did you change UAC privileges for kmeleon or any other folder?

also..
try creating a new profile and run km from it(maybe something corrupted in profile causing the problem)
do you have a previous restore point before that problem happened? try restoring it

i hope you figure it out and fix it soon..

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 15, 2009 05:18PM

Sorry, not K-Meleon support for Vista 64. tongue sticking out smiley (It's a joke).

Check AV and Firewall settings.
Disable DEP for k-meleon.exe.
Try with "k-meleon.exe -norestrict".
Try with an Administrator user.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: canmar
Date: January 16, 2009 01:51AM

Thanks for the tips and suggestions, guys; will reinstall and try them out. BTW, I had done a full uninstall and had removed all instances of k-m on my PC, including registry and folders, so I started out clean after problems arose. Will keep you all up to date on my progress, and if all else fails, I guess I will have to bide my time until k-m is fully 64-bit compatible. Will not use Firefox (tried a few years ago, prior to km, found it unstable and a resource hog, and Opera is just not comfortable (for me, anyway) Still hate IE!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2009 01:56AM by canmar.

Posted by: moonclub
Date: January 21, 2009 10:10PM

I always install k-meleon (and many other programs) in d:\program files (x86)\

I use it on vista ultimate x64, works good, except some menus and bug with tabs.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.