Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
vista bookmarks on network-drive
Posted by: oz-e-lot
Date: February 11, 2009 11:13PM

hello

is there a possibility to start k-meleon 1.52 wth a singel-klick without any questions wen the bookmark is on a netdrive and the os vista64?

one possibility is to make a task, and to start the shortcut of the task (no uac needed), but the first time after reboot, k-meleon not now the password of the network and i always must handle this ... (the only solution would be, that the local-user-name would be the same like the server-user-name)

simple to start k-meleon as administrator bring also no the solution: first time after reboot, 1. k-meleon ask me for the uac + 2nd k-meleon ask for the path of the bookmark (but is on the right position in the path)

i am not very happy with this!
have someone a idea?

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: vista bookmarks on network-drive
Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: February 12, 2009 03:33AM

i don't know if this will work

in k-meleon install folder, create a new empty file in notepad and save it as profile.ini (not profile.txt-make sure extension is ini)

this will make k-meleon store your profile in its own folder and ultimately the bookmarks file will be in that same folder

so your profile path will change to:
/k-meleon/profiles/profilename

if this works and km no longer asks for the bookmarks path.. then copy your bookmarks.html file from the netdrive tp the newly created profile folder

Posted by: desga2
Date: February 12, 2009 11:58AM

Read this Documentation about profile.ini file.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 12:02PM by desga2.

Posted by: oz-e-lot
Date: February 15, 2009 04:54PM

now it works fine - thanks! :drool:

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.