Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
URL bar text
Posted by: AirSpirit
Date: April 02, 2009 11:30AM

In previous versions of K-Meleon (1.1.x) where the layers instead of the tabs have been used, the text which I typed into the URL bar (a new URL or anything else) have never been replaced with the page URL which I browsed in the layer, after switching between layers (and it was independent of these switchings number).

In K-Meleon 1.5.x the text is being replaced after the 2 switchings if I retain focus in the URL bar textbox and it's being immediately replaced if I switch the tabs and the textbox isn't focused.

I think K-Meleon must always preserve the text which I typed as it was in 1.1.x, but replace it with the page URL when switching tabs with an empty string in the URL textbox.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: URL bar text
Posted by: desga2
Date: April 02, 2009 01:07PM

Already exist a bug reported about it: bug # 1035

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: April 02, 2009 01:19PM

OK, but I can't understand whether it was accepted as a bug or not - comments on the bug page are ambiguous.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: April 02, 2009 03:38PM

it's open means it has indeed been confirmed as a bug but it has not been scheduled to be fixed in the next release yet.

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 09, 2009 08:09AM

AFAIRemember: Dorian accepts only bugs that he can reproduce.

It is the user job to write a bug report that makes it easy to reproduce on other machines. Bugs are often opened after a good way to reproduce is posted in Bugs and several PPL have confirmed. Sometimes the first finder opens a bug. AFAIRemeber the guideline says post before You open a bug.

The word change is Unconfirmed > Open

[Changed Status from "Unconfirmed" to "Open"]

"Unconfirmed" is a bug that is not reproducible.

"Open" is a reproducible bug that is not fixed.

"Target" is the version when it will be fixed.

E.g. When the finder makes a bad description or a bug that exists only on one PC, or it does not always happen then it will remain Unconfirmed.

p.s. kko thinks the behavior is logically correct.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2009 08:53AM by guenter.

Date: April 10, 2009 07:07PM

@ guenter
I think that behaviour I described in the first post is more comfortable: K-Meleon won't replace your text until you leave it blank before switching between tabs or press "Enter".

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.