Toolbars won't stay put
Posted by: Mr Lapin
Date: April 11, 2009 08:08PM

Been a KM user for several years, since back at version 0.6, and now having a problem with the latest. (Actually two problems; I'll post the other separately.)

When I close KM 1.5.2 (Win 98SE) the toolbars move around behind my back, even when I've locked them. I like to have the menubar, zoom buttons, main bar, and URL bar jammed together on the top line, then privacy bar below that, next bookmarks bar, and finally tabs bar (total of 4 lines of toolbars).

But some of them won't stay where I put them. (I have the same problem with my dog. ;-) For example, this time when I restarted KM, the zoom buttons had moved down next to the bookmarks bar. Eh?

My toolbar layout above worked fine in 1.5.0. Now, poof.

I searched the forum for "toolbars" but didn't find anyone else with the same problem, so it must be my fault. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Re: Toolbars won't stay put
Posted by: Mr Lapin
Date: April 11, 2009 08:14PM

OK, here's a clue. If I turn OFF the "attach tab/window buttons to the tab bar" option, and put those buttons on the top with the other stuff, KM no longer seems to shove my toolbars around when I close it. This now sounds like a KM bug, not something I'm doing wrong. Or is it a feature?

Re: Toolbars won't stay put
Posted by: jsnj
Date: April 12, 2009 02:37AM

Yeah I noticed that awhile ago and forgot to file a bug. If you want to keep the Tab/Window buttons attached to the tab bar(particularly useful for those who prefer the tab bar and buttons at the bottom of the window), when your toolbars are in the position you want them to be in, you can copy the following prefs from the prefs.js file located in your profile directory(Edit-Configuration-Profile Directory) to your user.js file(Edit-Configuration-User Settings)

/* ----- DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING ABOVE THIS LINE */

user_pref("kmeleon.toolband.Tab/&Window Buttons.index", 10);
user_pref("kmeleon.toolband.Tab/&Window Buttons.size", 60);

Your numerical values(10,60) may be different. Those user_prefs disappear when the Tab/Window buttons are attached. So you'll have to arrange your toolbars to your desired positions and copy the prefs before attaching them.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.