Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
help me plx
Posted by: tizoan
Date: May 12, 2009 12:05AM

I lost bookmark,now i can not show bookmark in toolbar,how should i to do,ple help me

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help me plx
Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: May 13, 2009 12:50AM

i think when a profile gets regenerated, your bookmarks are assigned an old extension boomarks.old.. i'm not very sure..but take a look inside your profile folder.
in kmeleon click on edit>configuration>profile directory.. check if you have a bookmarks.old or something in that sense..also check in other profiles folder maybe the bookmarks are there.. i wish i can help more but i don't know much about how bookmarks work.. i'm sure others know better and will help you soon.

Posted by: guenter
Date: May 13, 2009 07:58AM

tizoan
I lost bookmark,now i can not show bookmark in toolbar,how should i to do,ple help me

?

Bookmarks lost completely = Change of Profile. Check where You old Profile location was (just as disrupted suggested). Windows search. You look for file bookmarks.html and bookmarks_backup.html.

Bookmarks Bar diappeared = F2 -> Netscape Bookmarks -> Bookmarks Bar set checks what You want to be visible.

p.s. This seems a crash problem or settings problem. Best post such problems in Forum General where more PPL look. You should describe Your problem better. If You have problems with English description do short description in English and a long description in Your own language. This is the international Forum, There is a good change that a Person has learned Your language and can translate so that he or some other can answer.

If moderators find it is a K-Meleon bug they can decide to re-locate.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2009 04:54PM by guenter.

Posted by: tiz
Date: May 14, 2009 04:39AM

thxxxx i'v done like you said and now i'v got bookmark bar,this problem occur when the power cut off >.<
thx so much
i luv k-m

Posted by: Janis
Date: May 21, 2009 11:21PM

I have a problem with my bookmarks toolbar. I set it up by adding pages and then making sure they were in Personal Bookmarks folder and enable bookmark bar is checked in preferences. The problem is, after a couple of days, when I sign on to K-Meleon, the bookmarks bar is gone as are all my bookmarks. If I want, I have to go to all the sites of my bookmarks and re-add them. They will stay for a couple of days and then they are gone again.

Please advise as to how to fix this. I feel frustrated and about to uninstall this browser, even though I really like it.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: May 22, 2009 04:09AM

i think i read somewhere about same problem as yours ..try to do a search in the forums(sometimes it works grinning smiley) i'm sure there's a fix for it..so please don't despair, maybe that same person who had the problem will ocme and explain how they got it fixed.. i know very little baout bookmarks

Posted by: apienk01
Date: May 25, 2009 02:29PM

Your bookmarks probably are intact in the global profile folder, typically in a dir in C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\Profiles. Just move them to your new profile location, typically C:\Documents and Settings\yourlogin\Application Data\K-Meleon\Profiles.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.