Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Pogo.com profile problem
Posted by: robertcs68
Date: May 19, 2009 11:10PM

Hello,
I'm having problems with KM and viewing profiles at www.pogo.com. Once I have entered a game room, and start looking at peoples profiles, I can only look at (guessing) 10-20 profiles before I get the "Whoa, lookes like you have a popup blocker installed..." etc. message. It starts blocking the pop ups on its own. Thing is, I have the pop up blocker off, have www.pogo.com added as authorized in the pop up permissions feature. I have also clicked on the popup icon on the bottom right corner of the game room once I get the message and added pogo to be allowed popups and it still blocks the profiles. I have tried setting the "Paranoia" setting to Firefox 2.0 from the default value to see if it was pogo detecting KM and blocking it, but that didn't work either. I have nothing clicked/enabled in the privacy section. Javascript is of course enabled. I'm out of things to try, anybody else have any suggestions?? :s
Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pogo.com profile problem
Posted by: disrupted
Date: May 20, 2009 07:11PM

try this, download policies manager from there:
http://kmeleon.swiftfree.net

after installing policies manager..open it from tools>privacy>policy manager
create a new policy. name it for e.g(popups allowed)

edit the new policy you've created(select policy>edit policy button)
for the new policy general settings>select the radio button"allow" for popups

then click add new site to this list(the policy you've created)
and enter pogo.com
click ok
enter www.pogo.com as well
restart kmeleon..see if this works

Date: May 21, 2009 04:44PM

Thanks for the reply disrupted, but this is not helping. Any other ideas anyone?

Posted by: desga2
Date: May 21, 2009 06:04PM

Go to Edit -> Preferences (F2) -> JavaScript, and uncheck all options in "Window Manipulation" group.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: May 21, 2009 09:31PM

Thanks for the reply, but those are already unchecked. I have done a test twice, and I can view exactly 20 profiles, then on the 21'st they are blocked with the "whoa, looks like you have a pop up blocker... etc" message starts.

Anybody else have an account there and willing to try it to see if they can help?

Thanks!!

Posted by: disrupted
Date: May 22, 2009 04:05AM

i created a pogo account but i don't know how o see profiles..it's online games? because it takes me to uk.pogo.com.. i don't know where are the profiles.

i'm getting old..i can't even use social websites now, if anyone wants to test robert's problem..the account is:
username: kmeleontesters
passwort: fuckpogo

p.s. i'm sorry this is none of my business.. but 20 profiles isn't too bad for one session grinning smiley

Date: May 22, 2009 11:58AM

Ok I have it figured out. Go to Edit/Configuration/Browser Configuration .. Click on the "I understand and wish to continue button" and then scroll down to
dom.popup_maximum and double click on that line and change the value to a higher value. Mine was on 20 and I set it to 10000. I closed that tab then restarted KM. Not sure if you need to restart KM but anyway, it's working correctly now.

Thanks.

P.S. Disturbed, you are right, it's none of your business. grinning smiley

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: May 22, 2009 01:15PM

tongue sticking out smiley cheeky .. glad you've sorted it out and this is also a very good tip fior the future in case some has same problem

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.