Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
very trivial bug+crash report problem
Posted by: disrupted
Date: May 30, 2009 02:24PM

there's an extermely silly bug with about:blank that i was very reluctant to report because it is mainly due to a fiddling user but i thought it can be helpful if maybe it's related to some other serious bug.

when having a custom about:blank page in usercontent.css like this:
@-moz-document url("about:blank") {
* {
background:
url("chrome://global/content/logo.gif");
margin:0px;
background-position:center;
background-attachment:fixed;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-color:#000000;
}
}

and when having the about:blank page open and selecting print preview, kmeleon crashes..this ofcourse doesn't happen with the true blank about:blank page.. it could be related to either the protocol(about) or to previewing a page that is directed from css and not a real htm or txt file?

also the crash report has a problem sending the dump..possibly sf servers

i uploaded the crash dump there:
http://kmeleon.swiftfree.net/tests/crashreport-aboutblank.zip

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: very trivial bug+crash report problem
Posted by: desga2
Date: May 30, 2009 07:31PM

Are you tested if the problem exist in all versions 1.5.x and 1.1.x?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Re: very trivial bug+crash report problem
Posted by: disrupted
Date: May 30, 2009 08:30PM

i've tested with 1.5.3 and 1.5.2.. now that you've mentioned it, i tested with 1.1.4 and it crashes too

this happens only with a custom about:blank from usercontent.css not with default about:blank.. with normal about:blank a print preview opens normally.. i noticed something when trying to use print preview with chrome addresses like an xul extension like gspace which km shouldn't be able to preview, an error message popped like this one

i think with custom pages from css where km isn't able to print preview, a similar error message should pop instead of a crash

very silly bug i know.. tongue sticking out smiley but maybe it can help identify other real bugs.. it all started when frank asked for better print preview and i was testing to see differences between print preview in km and other browsers and at one point i previewed the about:blank and the crash happened.. so i blame frank for this bug grinning smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.