Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
False data with iniread after erase of ini file
Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 30, 2009 02:02AM

I am having a problem getting a macro to work using ini files. It is ini_Demo.kmm found here. http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?4,93841

The problem is that after a delete of the ini file using CMD ERASE, I get a value using iniread that has old values and the next line has readfile showing empty. I select from the menu in this order 1) Writing 2) Delete ini file 3) Reading. The problem is that in Reading I get a value of "Common" when I should have no value. The next statement, a readfile, shows blank. I am waiting to see all hard drive activity end before I execute the 3) Reading.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: False data with iniread after erase of ini file
Posted by: mark307
Date: July 03, 2009 03:33PM

Hi. I guess that it reads the cache.

WritePrivateProfileString Function (Windows)

The system keeps a cached version of the most recent registry file mapping to improve performance.

thanks.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 03, 2009 05:56PM

@ Mark307

Thanks for the info. Sometimes the "system" can help too much.

Posted by: desga2
Date: July 03, 2009 06:22PM

mark307
Hi. I guess that it reads the cache.

WritePrivateProfileString Function (Windows)

The system keeps a cached version of the most recent registry file mapping to improve performance.

thanks.

The full paragraph is more informative:
msdn
The system keeps a cached version of the most recent registry file mapping to improve performance. If all parameters are NULL, the function flushes the cache. While the system is editing the cached version of the file, processes that edit the file itself will use the original file until the cache has been cleared.

Thanks to mark307 for the cite and link to msdn documentation and to JamesD for iniread() and iniwrite() macro function test.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.