Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
full dhtml compatability
Posted by: Russ JOnes
Date: August 22, 2000 08:24PM

as is a continuted problem with gecko, certain dhtml attributes dont work correctly such as onMouseOver show/hide layers.

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: full dhtml compatability
Posted by: df
Date: August 22, 2000 09:20PM

not so. <A HREF="http://930.bored.org/dx0">DX0</A>; does it.

Posted by: Ryan Hayle
Date: August 23, 2000 12:22AM

You can blame the crappy proprietary, non-standard DHTML elements in IE and Netscape for your pages not working. Mozilla renders all standards-compliant pages perfectly. Sounds like you just need to learn how to code!

Posted by: russ jones
Date: August 23, 2000 07:54PM

thanx Ryan, becuase i said that it didnt work on a page that i coded. literacy and basic reading comprehension are slightly more imporant than the capability to code in some certain standards. For practical purposes, unless kmeleon seeks to exclude every dreamweaver rendered page that uses simple show/hide layers (div tag of course) from being browsed, it is something they might want to fix or include. They dont have to if they dont want to

Posted by: scratch
Date: August 24, 2000 12:55AM

Well first of all, it's not kmeleon that's causing it, it's gecko, and they have stated repeatedly they aren't going to support any nonstandard tags or elements, so I guess they will be incompatible with any dreamweaver rendered page that uses simple show/hide layers until dreamweaver fixes their standards compatibility. After all, if Gecko were to support their method of doing it, they'd have no reason to change, and that's one of the goals of Gecko, to cause more pages to be standards compliant.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.