Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Can't get it to DL anything + History screwed.
Posted by: Eponymous
Date: December 13, 2000 02:28PM

First off, I like this browser. I'm stuck with IE at work, and Netscrap won't install (no admin rights sad smiley ). Version 0.2.1 is a BIG improvement over version 0.1. Good work! One or two bugs/features still to be worked out though.

1. It refuses point-blank to download anything. I click on the links, but nothing happens. Is there something i'm missing here, or what?

2. The history has a bit of a tendancy to get confused. Sometimes it's fine, but then it'll forget the whole lot, or jump about in the history.

3. A feature yet to be implemented I guess but cutting and pasting to the address bar doesn't seem to work.

4. In this form (don't know about others, but I guess so), if I focus goes to another window, and then back to the browser, I can't type in the main text box, without first clicking in one of the above text boxes (eg the 'subject' box).

I'm sure there are many others, but then this is just an early beta (alpha?) release. Keep up the good (hard) work.

Ep.

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: Can't get it to DL anything + History screwed.
Posted by: FredP
Date: December 13, 2000 05:05PM

Some hints :

- as for 1), one way to solve it (and to generally improve a lot of other things) is to download a recent nightly build of Mozilla, unzip it, and copy kmeleon.exe in the \bin directory. Then kmeleon will use the Mozilla downloading capability.

- as for 3), keyboard shortcuts don't work (control-C/V) but the cut/copy/paste in the right-click menu will.

HTH,
fred

Posted by: Eponymous
Date: December 13, 2000 05:16PM

Ta very much. I'll try those out...

Ep.

Posted by: Pauli
Date: December 21, 2000 01:53PM

I had the problem that I could not view any www-pages other than those on my own hard disk. The problem was solved by adding the proxy information in the file all.js, as described in the FAQ.

P

Posted by: victor
Date: December 23, 2000 05:41PM

i can search for a page but when i get there it would let me login??
what am i doing wrong.
thank you

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.