Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Can't copy & paste from page into mail.
Posted by: Daveski17
Date: November 11, 2009 12:37PM

I have just noticed that I can't copy & paste text from a webpage into either of my email text boxes (Gmail & Yahoo!). When I right click in the text field I get the 'Back/Forward/Stop/Reload' dialogue box instead. Other browsers work fine. It is only a minor glitch but I have no idea why this is happening. sad smiley

K-Meleon ~ Not a Melon!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't copy & paste from page into mail.
Posted by: desga2
Date: November 11, 2009 03:48PM

Are you tried to change User Agent string?
Tools -> User Agent -> Seamonkey 1.1 or Firefox 2

Remember you can use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V key shortcuts for Copy&Paste.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 12, 2009 03:04AM

When you use Yahoo, are you using classic mail or new mail?

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 12, 2009 05:54AM

Menu: Edit -> Paste will work. desga suggestions perhaps too?
No Idea why Yahoo's JS can interfere with Context Menu when You want to paste.

IMO also does that when You cut, copy and want to paste inside a mail's text area?

p.s. @ Desga2 - You need to spoof FF to get normal service at Yahoo sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2009 05:58AM by guenter.

Date: November 12, 2009 07:33AM

OK, thanks for the replies. I will try to answer all of them. I am using the default user agent. I use Yahoo Classic Mail in K-Meleon. I find I can't use the drop-down menu in Gmail either. However, I forgot about Ctrl-V which works fine, Plus I forgot about Menu bar-Edit! smiling smiley

I can copy normally (with the drop-down menu) or with Ctrl-C outside of the mail text box, but it won't work if I try to c & p inside the mail box. I can use Ctrl-V to c&p inside the mail text box, strangely I can highlight a word & copy with the right-click drop-down menu but I can only 'paste' with Ctrl-V. I can use the 'Edit' facility in the Menu bar though (good thinking Guenter).

I have tried different user-agents & the result is still the same. I spoofed Firefox's user agent once to use Yahoo New Mail & it seemed fine until I sent an email to someone already in my address book, then it kept trying to add them to the address book. I changed back to 'Classic Mail' & it was fine. I prefer Classic anyway, as far as I can tell the only real advantages are that the 'New' spellchecker is a bit better & it is faster to add attachments. Plus it is really nice to use Yahoo mail with K-Meleon's adblocker. I never had much success with adblock in Firefox for some reason.

Thanks for the help.

K-Meleon ~ Not a Melon!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2009 07:50AM by Daveski17.

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 12, 2009 08:14AM
Date: November 12, 2009 10:22AM

OK thanks. I see it is just a K-Meleon 'quirk' now. I can copy & paste now you guys have helped me. Cheers. smiling smiley

K-Meleon ~ Not a Melon!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.