Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Downloads not working in 0.3!
Posted by: William Winter
Date: February 24, 2001 03:24PM

Whan you click on a download in k-meleon 0.3 nothing happens.

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: Downloads not working in 0.3!
Posted by: Sebastian Späth
Date: February 24, 2001 03:28PM

It works, when you are using the right-click mwnu as choose save download as. But if you are expecting a nice download dialog, yes that is still missing.

Posted by: gid
Date: March 07, 2001 06:35PM

In .3 when saving files, the default name of the file is the whole directory path minus the /'s. instead of just the filename after the last slash like it should be.... plus that no dialogue, kind funny how the files just magically "appears" smiling smiley Hope that made sense. So if I'm right clicking saving http://foo.com/bar/bar/foofile.zip it prompts me to save the file as "barbarfoofile.zip". I have my cookies.dll copied over from my mozilla install to make cookies work, but I don't see how that could possibly effect this.

Kmeleon is great, making use of the good mozilla engine, their client is just a beast... heh

All I need in this browser now is favorites add/edit, default cookies, and file save dialogue box, a quick link toolbar would be nice, but not necessary, and default ssl install then it would be perfect, minus the gecko bugs of course, most of those aren't that bad though. smiling smiley

Some other minor bugs I've found. Sometimes the right click menu on the web page isn't working, seemingly at random sad smiley And I can use the arrow keys in form fields, ctrl-a and stuff like that doesn't work.

My copy of msvc++ 6 pro is in the mail, maybe I'll try and hack at the source if I can get a chance.

Posted by: Sebastian Späth
Date: March 07, 2001 07:08PM

>In .3 when saving files, the default name of the file is the whole directory path
>minus the /'s. instead of just the filename after the last slash like it should be....

Fixed in current builds...

>All I need in this browser now is favorites add/edit,

Is in the current builds

> default cookies,
??? What do you mean with default cookies?

>and file save dialogue box
you mean a progress bar, while downloading or something like this?

> And I can use the arrow keys in form fields, ctrl-a and stuff like that doesn't
work.

Seems to be a mozilla embedding bug...

>My copy of msvc++ 6 pro is in the mail, maybe I'll try and hack at the source if I
>can get a chance.

Cool, if you've questions you can mail the developer mailing list at kmeleon-dev@lists.sourceforge.net, you can join it as well of course :-)

Posted by: gid
Date: March 08, 2001 01:21AM

Oh guess I wasn't too specific on the cookies thing, currently you have to copy over you cookies.dll from you mozilla directory. Having it come with the install would be nice, same with the psm https ssl junk. the ssl maybe an "addon" just to make it nice and easy on people.... I just noticed that the source tarball now contains binaries.... I'll have to check that out so I can quit bugging you about stuff that's already fixed smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.