K-Meleon Freezes with too many tabs
Posted by: Leandros
Date: December 06, 2009 05:44PM

Hi, ever since I installed win7 pro x64, my K-meleon (1.5.3) has been freezing/crashing if tabs come close to the other side of the screen. I have to run taskmgr and kill the process to get control over it again. I haven't experienced anything like this on windows 2003/xp. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: This has been fixed, thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2010 06:03PM by Leandros.

Re: K-Meleon Freezes with too many tabs
Posted by: Sleepums
Date: December 16, 2009 05:20AM

YES!! Me too. I'm running W7 Ultimate 32bit. It's a pain in the butt.. I also get it to freeze when I make the mistake and click the middle (shrink) button. Sorry I dont know the name of that.. Anyway, it freezes and I have to close with dev manager, then reopen again. Please fix this.. I love k-meleon, and will deal with it.
Thanks

Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 16, 2009 08:23PM

this must be fixed soon since:
http://beta.thehindu.com/news/international/article66014.ece

please download the crash report plugin
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/kplugs/crashrpt.exe

crash kmeleon and send the dump so dorian can find out what's wrong and hopefully fix it..also in the report comments; mention it's due to tabbar bug on windows 7

Posted by: Prehn
Date: December 22, 2009 10:30PM

Same problem running WIN Vista Home edtion (K-Meleon) 1.5.3
Setting the Width gives between 11-20 tabs, but as soon you hit the last one, K-Meleon freeze

Posted by: siria
Date: December 22, 2009 10:52PM

Dorian in jan.2009
For a workaround, if k-meleon freeze, this can be prevented by using a fixed or a bottom tab bar.
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs/viewbug.php?bugid=1054
Does it work...? Just curious :cool:

Posted by: Thomas Wieckhorst
Date: January 18, 2010 04:15PM

Wonderfull (at least a bit)
Here it works when I have the Toolbar at the Bottom.

Maybe I could stop using the Windows XP Mode now which I only use to have a working K-Meleon, I will soon try to work again with multiple K-Meleon Windows with hundreds of open Tabs, as I have done before Windows 7 and currently do in my virtual Windowx XP Mode on top of Windows 7.

I hope ypou can fix the original issue as soon as possible so I can have my TAB Bar back at Top instead of Bottom, because it is really not that nice at the Bottom :mad:

Regards Thomas

Posted by: siria
Date: January 19, 2010 12:51AM

Uh - HUNDREDS?? *dropdead* ;-)
Whow... Anyway, meanwhile I've learned that a "fixed" tab bar seems to mean that the tab/window buttons are attached to it. That setting is right below the setting for top or bottom bar, if you'd like to try that too...

Posted by: meatlab
Date: February 28, 2010 09:03AM

grinning smiley
Me too, win7 x64, K-meleon (1.5.3),crashing if tabs come close to the other side of the windows.

but, I find if you put some buttons to the right side of the windows, the bug is disappear!!!!

like this:

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.