improve tab opening
Posted by: borderLine
Date: January 06, 2010 08:01PM

Is there a way to open new tabs to the right of the current tab (i.e. the tab that opened it), but have your ‘New Tab’ button right-aligned on the tab bar that opens new tabs to the right of all other open tabs?

I don't know; this seems kind of ideal to me.

Re: improve tab opening
Posted by: Yogi
Date: January 06, 2010 09:48PM

borderLine
Is there a way to open new tabs to the right of the current tab

You don't need ‘New Tab’ buttons for that. You can simply allocate a mouse gesture for this task.

Edit:
Sorry, my reading of your post was superficially/in a hurry and I missed the point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2010 09:57AM by Yogi.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 06, 2010 10:08PM

You can set two items in preferences to do this. EDIT - PREFERENCES - BROWSING - TABBED BROWSING - GENERAL and select "Next to the current tab" and got to TAB BAR and select "Attach tab/window buttons to the tab bar".

Mine looks like this
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/newtabright.jpg

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 06, 2010 10:08PM

Yes you can do it with a macro.
Set in Preferences to open new tabs "next to the current tab" ("Tabbed Browsing" panel) and change in your skin folder the file toolbars.cfg to set "New Tab" button to call a new macro that you must created; for example NewTabLast.kmm
Call the macro from toolbars.cfg with the sentence: macros(NewTabLast) in the "New Tab" button.
	New{
	%ifplugin tabs
	macros(NewTabLast)|New
	New Tab. Right-click for more options.
	%else
	ID_NEW_BROWSER
	New Window
	%endif
	layerwindowhot.bmp[2]
	layerwindowcold.bmp[2]
	}

In the macro you must create the new macro function to toggle the preference:
kmeleon.tabs.onOpenOption
between values 0 (open at last by default) and 1 (open next to the current tab).

NewTabLast.kmm

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)
#
# ---------- NewTabLast ---------------------------------------------------------
#
# Dependencies		: -
# Resources			: -
# Preferences		: -
# Version			: 1.0
# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#

NewTabLast{
togglepref(INT, "kmeleon.tabs.onOpenOption", 0, 1);
id(ID_NEW_TAcool smiley;
togglepref(INT, "kmeleon.tabs.onOpenOption", 0, 1);
}

$macroModules=$macroModules."NewTabLast;";

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.