Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
View Cache
Posted by: Ed Mack
Date: April 02, 2002 09:51PM

Somthing I found usfull about IE was that it's cache was all the files downloaded, and you could save them/run them from there, they still had the original names. With K-Meleon, it is all named to some convention and mapped (I take it from the various files) and compressed/converted/archeived/somthing-ed, I would love to see a work offline/browse cache. It would also help to be able just to view all the files in it and whatever details are stored with them to see what the kid's are doing ect... thanks again,

Ed Mack

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: View Cache
Posted by: Andrew
Date: April 03, 2002 01:29AM

Ed,

That would have to come from Mozilla. I'll check to see if there is anything at Mozilla being developed along those lines.

Andrew

Posted by: Al.
Date: April 03, 2002 04:06AM

I seem to recall an app a couple of years ago called "Unmozify", which enabled a user to view the contents of their Netscape cache (Communicator 4). I don't know if this would work with the current Netscape-style cache, or even if the programs been updated to do so.
As usual, if you're interested, a Google search will yield results.

Date: April 03, 2002 11:01AM

Once again, thank you so much for your help. For anyone interested,get it here:

http://www.evolve.co.uk/unmozify/download.html

Posted by: Andrew
Date: April 03, 2002 11:12AM

Ed,

Does that tool work?

Andrew

Posted by: Zeiram
Date: April 03, 2002 11:58AM

Andrew,

I just downloaded it and it doesn't work... It needs the fat.db file that was used in NS 4.x cache, but which isn't with K-M. So no can do.

It should also be noted that Unmozify is a shareware app.

Best regards,

Zeiram

Date: April 03, 2002 02:24PM

I just came back to post that. Pity though.

Posted by: dain
Date: April 11, 2002 07:54PM

To view cache files all you have to do is enter "about:cache" in the url field. Clicking on an entry provides some further details. Can't run them from there though.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.