Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Stop K-meleon stealing the focus
Posted by: Einar
Date: August 25, 2002 12:05PM

I rightclick a link and open it in a new window, go back to the original window, but two seconds later the new window has loaded and steals the focus. Pleas make it stop!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stop K-meleon stealing the focus
Posted by: Robert
Date: August 25, 2002 04:35PM

You can open the link in a background-window.

Posted by: Julian
Date: August 25, 2002 11:50PM

Robert, that also happens when one chooses to open a site in the background. I don't know what's the trigger for that, but it simply happens once in a while - it will load in the background and jump into the foreground once that's done.

Posted by: Jason Foss
Date: August 26, 2002 12:06AM

If it only happens once in a while it is becuase of the webpage. Many websites use javascript to give focus to a part of the page (ie. form field) when the page loads.

By defualt it probably should not give a window that loads a page focus, but stay on the currently active window. Netscape 4.x has the same problem.

I am using win98 and used tweakui so programs can not steal focus. This works for all programs except Netscape and K-Melon. This has bothered me for years with Netscape so I am kind of used to it, but would prefer if the window would not steal focus.

Jason

Posted by: po
Date: August 26, 2002 02:03AM

> If it only happens once in a while it is becuase of the webpage. Many websites use
> javascript to give focus to a part of the page (ie. form field) when the page loads.

i'm afraid it's a little more subtle, and harder to reliably reproduce, than that... it could be my imagination, but it seems a little less frequent on the recent betas than in 0.6, or maybe i'm just adapting my use of the interface in some way i'm not observing... winking smiley

in any case, it still happens... and i rarely, if ever, have js enabled.

Posted by: Roy
Date: September 05, 2002 02:47PM

I think Mozilla has an option to prevent pages from changing their focus. With that and tabs off, Mozilla really makes me feel like I'm in control of my browsing experience. I think this is a feature that K-Meleon should consider implementing as it has really improved my browsing experience.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.