Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
google toolbar
Posted by: si-aj
Date: September 11, 2002 02:37PM

i know it's a stupid request, but is there a chance to implement a mechanism that allows 3-rd party addons... like a toolbar from google?

all i need is k-meleon + google toolbar :]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: google toolbar
Posted by: Jason Foss
Date: September 11, 2002 04:15PM

Excuse my ignorance, but what would you want on the toolbar?

Posted by: Rick Diaz
Date: September 17, 2002 01:47PM

i think he is talking about the google and other toolbars that can be added to ie by downloading them.

Rick

Posted by: Jason Foss
Date: September 17, 2002 02:50PM

Oh, you mean the ones that spy on you and produces pop-up ads on sites without their permission? (ok so not all do this, but a lot do)

I have been thinking of making a google search bar, but I haven't had much luck compiling plugins with MinGW (yes I have looked at Ulf's site, and his dummy plugin works fine). I could easily do this with macros (in latest beta), but it would make the macro file rather large . . . well what I have will work for me for now.

Posted by: sven
Date: September 18, 2002 05:35AM

... or you could bug Ulf with his S-Lang plugin which would open up quite an array of possibilities, I imagine smiling smiley

Posted by: si-aj
Date: October 15, 2002 02:12PM

all i meant was not a pop-up flooder or spyware... just a simple plugin/toolbar to use google fast + easly.
that's why i raised the example of google IE plugin.

Posted by: jccalhoun
Date: October 19, 2002 02:38AM

something like the equivelent of googlebar http://googlebar.mozdev.org/ is what he means.

Posted by: CutTheRedWire
Date: October 20, 2002 03:01AM

Would you be happy with something similare? No the real macoy, but something that gets the job done? That would be a lot easier on the coders, and you could possibly get features you wish were on the bar, or bea ble to just configure the bar.

Posted by: Zarneth
Date: October 25, 2002 07:29AM

Wouldn't the google toolbar only be spyware when you've got it swiched to advanced? Either that or they're not telling you everything when you download it.

Posted by: Zarneth
Date: October 25, 2002 01:34PM

Is it possible to get googlebar working in K-Meleon? or at least the beta?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.