Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Favorites folder
Posted by: Vitaly
Date: April 07, 2010 05:40AM

My Favorites folder contains a lot of subfolders which also contain subfolders. I consider it very useful. Unfortunately K-meleon now does not allow to directly add a page to subfolders of Favorites like MS Explorer does (save in…) That’s the reason why I can’t use K-meleon alone though I like this browser.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Favorites folder
Posted by: desga2
Date: April 07, 2010 07:01AM

You can export your favorites to bookmarks.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: siria
Date: April 07, 2010 08:01AM

I'm using the native IE command to add favorites right in KM, with the help of an old macro, works great smiling smiley (at least on win98, haven't tried newer systems ;-)
Yes, I strongly regret too, that this function isn't included by default. But don't hold much hope it will be added anytime soon.

Actually there are various macros to help with adding favorites. somewhere in the extensions section of this forum...

EDIT:
Just found that this old macro that calls the native IE function for adding favorites works also fine in Vista! grinning smiley grinning smiley I was only frustrated for weeks about some "runtime error" and "permission denied" stuff, but now realized this only happens when trying to add local files to favorites, not real web addressess - uff! Since my vista notebook is not connected to the internet, I had took the Help>Welcome page for testing, which is a local page inside the KM folder. Now tried with a link (that of course produces page load error without connection), and suddenly that worked! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2010 10:32AM by siria.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 07, 2010 12:08PM

There are two systems in extensions which deal with supporting IE Favorites. FavRenAdd Combo and FavAdd Plus NT | FavAdd Plus 9x can be found on this page. http://kmext.sourceforge.net/ext4.htm

There is a K-Meleon Extensions Manager for installing them located here. http://kmext.sourceforge.net/

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.