Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
renamimg tabs
Posted by: blobee
Date: April 10, 2010 11:56PM

Some of my tabs are not recognisableon on my laptop because of the single word titles(which may just be "login" for example)...Can i rename my tabs, so i know what they are by their first word..ie change "login to hotmail", to just "Hotmail" so it is recognisble

regards

Bob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: renamimg tabs
Posted by: siria
Date: April 11, 2010 12:34AM

Am afraid not, at least not with built-in commands. Have tried that too awhile ago, and struggled long and hard with that macro command to change titles, but unfortunately that only works for the current window title, not tabs bar. And even the window title is forgotten again as soon as another page is viewed :-/
May be that it's possible with some programming language, but if the built-in macro command can't do it, chances are probably not very high.

What is of some help are the favicons visible in the tabs, if you have enabled them.

Posted by: blobee
Date: April 11, 2010 01:05AM

Thanks for your reply...I had to search for what Favicons are, and yes i have that enabled, but with 20 tabs accross my 15inch laptop screen, theyre not very recognisable....some actually have the site name in the first word, others dont...I wonder if theres a certain way to "add the tab" that determines the name taken...I'll investigate loading the same site(s)at different stages.....
cheers

Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 11, 2010 10:47AM

There are a couple of possibilities that might help.

In the "View" menu there is an item called "Tabs" that, when clicked, will show a listing of your tabs with full names.

In the tab options you can set the minimum width of a tab. I think the default is 10. Set this to 30 and you will see more info on the tab. The drawback to this is fewer tabs will fit on the bar. You will wind up with the extra tabs being shown only in a dropdown list at the right end of the bar when you click on the symbol >>.

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: April 11, 2010 12:37PM

Hi, blobee,

JamesD
In the "View" menu there is an item called "Tabs" that, when clicked, will show a listing of your tabs with full names.

The same should appear in the Tab's/Tabbar's context menu.

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Posted by: desga2
Date: April 11, 2010 01:04PM
Date: April 11, 2010 01:34PM

Hey cool!!
javascript of course, which I could need so often but can't write myself. This looks like it may very well help me as example for another of my macro writing probs grinning smiley

Re: renaming tabs
Date: April 22, 2010 07:43PM

If anyone stumbles over this thread again, I've meanwhile made also a little macro for semi-automatic renaming of tabs (page titles). Configuration may be a bit more challenging than usual, but then you can replace a certain text in titles with another, or add a prefix or a variable extracted from the url to the new title:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,106061
Macro "TitlesCustom"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2010 07:46PM by siria.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.