Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Built in media player.
Posted by: Carlos
Date: April 11, 2010 04:58AM

I always start k-meleon in fullscreen mode since 90% percent of the time I'm surfing the web, however, the other 10% I use games, paint, or media players that get in the way of the fullscreen experience.

Is there any way in which we can have a built in media player in the k-meleon window? If there isn't already.

Also, this is a little extra request that might be ambitious or not. Okay here goes:

What about useing the tab bar for desktop applications too? Like a hybrid bar to vert windows programs in it and webpages too. Taht way k-meleon can demonite in its fullscreened glory like an opperative system on its own.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Built in media player.
Posted by: desga2
Date: April 11, 2010 01:14PM

You can try Mediabar by disrupted in K-Meleon Extensions Central.

Or you can use a simple mp3 player like 1by1, that is minimized to systray.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2010 01:14PM by desga2.

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: April 11, 2010 05:45PM

Wasn't there a thread opened by someone who wanted to
replace his whole desktop, with K-Meleon? Must have
been around Xmas/NewYear, or in january.

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Posted by: disrupted
Date: April 11, 2010 11:19PM

yes..i remeber it but no idea what the topic title was. good luck finding it with forum search tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: jsnj
Date: April 12, 2010 05:50AM

Carlos
Also, this is a little extra request that might be ambitious or not. Okay here goes:

What about useing the tab bar for desktop applications too? Like a hybrid bar to vert windows programs in it and webpages too. Taht way k-meleon can demonite in its fullscreened glory like an opperative system on its own.

Since KM is the only browser I know of that allows you to place the tab bar alongside the other toolbars, you can create an app toolbar w/shortcuts to all your favorite applications and place it alongside your tab bar. Add the following pref set to false. Lock your toolbars and you'll have what you want. It'll appear seamless as one bar, half of it tabs, the other half apps.

kmeleon.display.toolbars_line

Posted by: Carlos
Date: April 14, 2010 02:00PM

jsnj
Since KM is the only browser I know of that allows you to place the tab bar alongside the other toolbars, you can create an app toolbar w/shortcuts to all your favorite applications and place it alongside your tab bar. Add the following pref set to false. Lock your toolbars and you'll have what you want. It'll appear seamless as one bar, half of it tabs, the other half apps.

kmeleon.display.toolbars_line
I can't find that boolean anywhere in the aboutconfig screen, is it available in the latest release?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 14, 2010 05:07PM

As jsnj said, you have to add that pref. It is not in the default config.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.